Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I upgraded my Trios yesterday with the aim of using RealConnect to be able to join them to Teams meetings.

The meeting join works perfectly well out the box with one touch connect
- call joins and the screen shows the silhouette within a meeting and my name 

When someone else joins the meeting audio remains good

- video stays on the call screen

When video from the meeting room is shared with the teams meeting

- Video appears in the bottom right of the in room screen

- Video is shared with Teams users

When Teams user shares video with other users

- No video is shared with the meeting room

- the screen defaults back to the Poly screen room name, time and next meeting info
- Team users can see each others video okay, only the meeting room cannot see it

When Teams user shares other content (screen share) with other users

- No content is shared with the meeting room

- the screen defaults back to the Poly screen room name, time and next meeting info
- Team users can see each others content okay, only the meeting room cannot see it

Software Version (Firmaware): 5.9.2.7553

Model: Trio 8800 with Visual +

Phone mode: Skype for Business

Call platform: Teams

Additional Poly Infa: RealConnect for O365

MAC Address: 61:16:7F:1E:60:26

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello @dwdwdw ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I suggest you need to get this into support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

61:16:7F:1E:60:26 does not show up in our database. You need to work with your reseller but this may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It looks like i provided the wrong mac address. Can you find:

61:16:7F:1E:60:24

Looking at Line Information, its showing:

Line 1: roomemail@comapny.com [SIP]

*SIP:Server-1: company.com

Does it need a Line 2 added with relevant configuration?

HP Recommended

Progress. I followed the Hybrid Mode config step in this guide: http://blog.schertz.name/2019/08/poly-trio-with-microsoft-teams/

I now have a Teams Meeting icon on the device and a Line 2 (Not Registered). 

When I join a call using Line 2 I'm connecting to the RealConnect service properly and content sharing is working. 

For completeness, I need to somehow change the One Touch Dial settings so they connect with RealConnect rather than SfB. Any ideas?

HP Recommended
I'm going to guess that that depends on the type of meeting request that is sent to the room resource. if it's a teams meeting, OTD put you into teams. But if it's a zoom meeting, OTD puts you in the zoom. Is this what you mean?
HP Recommended

Maybe. I'm sending a Team meeting and when I tap OTD on the Trio it connects to Skype for Business.

The Trio is set up with two lines:

Line 1 - Skype for Business

Line 2 - RealConnect

Some thoughts:

• Would swapping the order of the lines make any difference? I assume its possible.
  • Can I strip out the Teams content from the invite that is received into the meeting room invites?

Invite is in my inbox as below:

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
+44xxxxxxxxxx (Toll)
Conference ID: 492 xxx xxx#

Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

Join with a video conferencing device
8xxxxxxxx@t.plcm.vc VTC Conference ID: 1212xxxxx
Alternate VTC dialing instructions

HP Recommended

Hello @dwdwdw ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

The Skype line can only be line 1 and cannot be changed.

If the Trio is set up correctly it will take the invites and dial via the right line. Rather than trial and error via the community simply open a ticket with support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, I'd prefer to stick with using the community where I can which has proven to be very helpful in the past. 

If anything, the responses are creating a superior knowledge base to what exists via Poly public support tools and should be welcomed.

HP Recommended

Hello @dwdwdw 

if you change your mind WESTCON GROUP EUROPEAN OPERATIONS LIMITED sold this back in 29/03/2017.

The unit is out of warranty to usually it would be PPI.

A working config on top of the "standard" Skype for Business default:

<otd 	exchange.meeting.parseAllowedSipUriDomains="t.plcm.vc"
		exchange.meeting.parseEmailsAsSipUris="1"
		exchange.meeting.parseOption="All"
		exchange.meeting.realConnectProcessing.skype.enabled="0"
		exchange.meeting.realConnectProcessing.teams.enabled="1"
		reg.limit="2"
		dialplan.2.digitmap="^.+@t\.plcm\.vc$"
		dialplan.2.digitmap.mode="regex"
		dialplan.2.digitmap.timeOut="9"
		dialplan.2.impossibleMatchHandling="2"
		reg.2.address="Teams.Trio"
		reg.2.label="Teams Meeting"
		reg.2.srtp.offer="1"
		reg.2.server.1.address="t.plcm.vc"
		reg.2.server.1.register="0"
		reg.2.server.1.transport="TLS"
		reg.2.protocol.H323="0"
		reg.2.protocol.SIP="1" 	/>

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen.

Calls out to RealConnect work well with this configuration but the OTD is still dialling out to Skype/Teams rather RealConnect. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.