Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Poly community, we have a strange issue since couple of months ... and I am desperate how to find root cause:

During Teams Meetings (via Realconnect) the Content gets black (rectangle/frame stays; Video images small) or is black from beginning ("Content receive"). 

Once you hang up and dial in again it works. It happens sproradically; I get around 5 complaints per week (we have approx. 400 Poly "H.323" VCs using Realconnect)

That happens from different sites and devices (X50, X70, Group Series etc. even from Ciscos using RC). We have Claiti and use DMA Edge (one per Region) to access Internet; those are VMs in DMZ).

I had already Ticket with Poly support but the required info (PCAP trace fro endpoint and DMA Core and DMA Edge ... is hard to get ... always when I try to recreate the issue (where it happened before) it works fine => no issue. 

Currently I am in detailed discussions with network team; also tricky as e.g. Cisco devices use Expressway E (not Poly DMA Edge) and so also different network path. 

Anybody an idea what that could be / ever heared similar issue / any idea what to check / apporach ?

Cheers,

Gunter

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I forgot to mention, that during the issue the content is visibly for Teams Clients (PCs; Laptops); only the the Poly VC shows that (if happens it stays that way; Content do not come back => As said; when dial in new it is OK).

But of course mage pain (CEO Towhalls / Board Meetings ... not easy to hung up ....) 

HP Recommended

Just a guess here - but PowerPoint has a new content sharing feature called "Present in Teams" that is super cool and doesn't require you to share your entire screen.  BUT - it isn't supported for sharing on RealConnect Calls.  Is it possible that this is intermittent because the content being shared is via this rather new method?

I posted about this earlier this year here:  PowerPoint Present in Teams - Poly Community

HP Recommended

Hi Adam,

thanks a lot for your reply.

I am aware that features like PPT live and Whiteboarding are not supported by Realconnect.

Addionally, when that issue happens and one hung up and dial in again (no change of share methode; simply continue to share) the content gets indicated / it works. 

Cheers,

Gunter

HP Recommended

Anybody any idea ? 

HP Recommended

Hello @VC_Hero ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organisation as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

thanks for your reply. Of course I opened a Ticket at Poly support and the experts analyzed, requested logs etc. Finally I was told that a "simulanious" trace (PCAP) is needed of the VC endpoint, DMA Core and DMA Edge; I setup test at least 20 times (!) in diffeent environments ... and always the issue did NOT showed up (it worked fine; as said, that issue is sporadic)

Network team also offered me to trace along the path (which requires also that I can recreate the issue).

So, thats why I asked if e.g. someboday faced similar situation or have an idea/guess what to check which I possibly overlooked ?!

Of course I will continue tryong to recreate with prepared traces ... 

Thanks again, BR and have nice weekend

Gunter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.