Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We currently have Group 500 series in place and using Realconnect for Teams meeting with One Touch Join. I have read that you can provision GS500 to join Zoom meetings as well but my question is, can you configure the GS500 to be able to join both Teams or Zoom meetings? Or can it only be configured to join one or the other?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I can actually answer this from personal experience.  The Group Series 500 can absolutely connect to both Zoom Meetings and RealConnect/Teams meetings in the same system on the same day.  

For instance, you can join a Teams meeting at Noon.  And a Zoom meeting at 1:00 PM

Requirements:

Zoom Conference Room Connector License:  Zoom Room Connector | Zoom

This is not the same thing as a "Zoom Room License" but I would call it a cousin to that type of license.  

And, and this is important, the meeting request must be from a paid Zoom license user.  Not a free one.  That usually goes for a Zoom Room meeting as well.  

One advantage over a Teams meeting - the Zoom meeting can be from either inside your company or from an external company as long as the invite is from a pro user.  Just copy and paste the invite into an internal invite so you can reserve the room.  I recommend copying the zoom url into the location field to make sure OTD grabs it.  

RealConnect Teams meetings can ONLY be internal - unless the outside company has their own VTC licensing system.  

I've tested this numerous times and it works.  The Group Series and OTD are agnostic.  It's all in the types of licenses you own.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I can actually answer this from personal experience.  The Group Series 500 can absolutely connect to both Zoom Meetings and RealConnect/Teams meetings in the same system on the same day.  

For instance, you can join a Teams meeting at Noon.  And a Zoom meeting at 1:00 PM

Requirements:

Zoom Conference Room Connector License:  Zoom Room Connector | Zoom

This is not the same thing as a "Zoom Room License" but I would call it a cousin to that type of license.  

And, and this is important, the meeting request must be from a paid Zoom license user.  Not a free one.  That usually goes for a Zoom Room meeting as well.  

One advantage over a Teams meeting - the Zoom meeting can be from either inside your company or from an external company as long as the invite is from a pro user.  Just copy and paste the invite into an internal invite so you can reserve the room.  I recommend copying the zoom url into the location field to make sure OTD grabs it.  

RealConnect Teams meetings can ONLY be internal - unless the outside company has their own VTC licensing system.  

I've tested this numerous times and it works.  The Group Series and OTD are agnostic.  It's all in the types of licenses you own.  

HP Recommended

So we currently have Zoom licenses, as long as we have user licenses, we can purchase the Zoom Conference Room Connector License separately right?

HP Recommended

Correct.  Start with just one.  If you have dozens of rooms with these systems, you can scale up and add licenses.  It's concurrent usage as opposed to actual rooms.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.