Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Years ago, I figured out how to monitor the Exchange Integration of Group Series devices with the Exchange Room Resources and OTD.  I do this via SNMP.  

It's a blessing and a curse - and right now it's a curse because my inbox is being flooded with my room systems going up and down with their connections to their respective mailboxes.  It started this week - mainly in the evening - and in both my US and UK locations.  

I just placed a support ticket on this.  Wondering if anyone else is noticing this behavior.  If I simply stopped monitoring it - then I wouldn't know about it.  

I experienced something similar about 3-4 years ago and fixing it involved using the OTD logins rather than the straight logins on the Group Series - or so I recall.

One thing that comes to mind is Microsoft eliminating SMTP Basic Authentication.  I'm not sure if OTD uses modern or basic auth.  If it's basic - that's a problem.  

Also noticing that the OTD Portal is very sluggish tonight.  

Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Would be great to know whether this is something just affecting my org - or others.  

Follow up - every Trio in my office was disconnected from the OTD Calendar.  Rebooted each Trio (5 total) and each one reconnected with OTD Calendar.

Poly Cloud Status is cryptic as to what happened last night and doesn't really refer to the incident - but something else.  

Oct 26, 2022
Resolved - This incident has been resolved.
Oct 26, 07:04 MDT
Monitoring - A fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results.
Oct 17, 08:36 MDT
Identified - The issue has been identified and a fix is being implemented.
Oct 17, 08:31 MDT
Investigating - We are currently investigating reports of slow page loads and problems with downloading software packages including lens dekstop.
Oct 17, 08:02 MDT
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.