Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all

We purchased a Poly RC for MSFT license and on gone through all settings up until adding users for the RealConnect licence in powershell upon we get an error returned:

Grant-CsTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicy -PolicyName PolycomServiceProviderEnabled -Identity *********@******.**.uk
One or more errors occurred.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (CN=84dd5110-938...gb1001,DC=local:OCSADUserOrAppContact) [Grant-CsTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicy], AggregateException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : GrantPolicy,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Xds.GrantTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicyCmdlet
+ PSComputerName : api.interfaces.records.teams.microsoft.com

Powershell version is 2.3.1 i believe and teams module is all uptodate as far as I know. 

The account/Email address trying to add is just a normal one as far as i know.

thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, 

To update on this, my team followed the below advise and this seems to have worked for us - we have been added as license users and are getting the option to join via a Polycom Codec in Teams meetings invites.

Hello,
Microsoft has retired the PowerShell module for Skype for Business Online and all Teams related commands are now available in the Teams PS module (the minimum version should be at least 2.1).
Version check can be done using this command:
Get-Module

Please uninstall the Skype for Business PS Module from the workstations (add/remove programs).

Then install Teams PS module:
Install-module Microsoft Teams

After this please load the Teams module into the memory:
Import-Module MicrosoftTeams

Details are shown in the sample screenshots attached.

NOTE:
after Teams module installation you need to sign in into Azure AD with global admin credentials for the O365 tenant.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-powershell-install

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I did this a few years ago successfully.  The first thing that comes to my mind - did you link Poly RealConnect to your Microsoft Environment as a global admin?  

Here's how I connected to PowerShell when I did this:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $UserCredential = Get-Credential

cmdlet Get-Credential at command pipeline position 1

Supply values for the following parameters:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Import-Module SkypeOnlineConnector

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $sfbSession = New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $userCredential

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Import-PSSession $sfbSession

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Grant-CsTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicy -PolicyName PolycomServiceProviderEnabled -Identity "user@company.com"

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-CsVideoInteropServiceProvider

Identity                          : Polycom

Name                              : Polycom

AadApplicationIds                 : 1234asdfg

TenantKey                         : 123456789@t.plcm.vc

InstructionUri                    : https://dialin.plcm.vc/teams/?key=123456789&conf={ConfId}

AllowAppGuestJoinsAsAuthenticated : True

HP Recommended

thanks will ask my guys to check

HP Recommended

no joy I'm afraid it seems the Module SkypeOnlineConnector was retired last month

HP Recommended

That likely means it has been replaced with "Teams" powershell. 

HP Recommended

ah ok, I think our Teams powershell was updated to latest version.

HP Recommended

I think I'll need to raise a support ticket on this and if not fixed get refunded, maybe the powershell side of things has moved on but the Realconnect side of things has not and there's some incompatibility somewhere.

HP Recommended

FYI the PowerShell configuration options are for Microsoft's Cloud Video Interop and has nothing to do with RealConnect specifically (or any other partner's interop offering).  The cmdlets are not associated to any 'licensing' as you are simply enabling a CVI provider and then enabling users via policies in Teams.

If you are getting any unresolvable errors running the PowerShell commands make sure that you are (a) using a workstation that has never had the Skype for Business Online module installed on it (b) have installed the latest Microsoft Teams PowerShell module and (c) are signing in with a user account that has sufficient administrative permissions like a Global Admin or Teams Admin.

HP Recommended

Adam, those are outdated steps now that the SfB Online Module has been replaced with the Teams module.  I've already updated the instructions provided by Poly to include the newer, simpler steps:
https://dialin.plcm.vc/teams/ps.html

HP Recommended

Hi, 

To update on this, my team followed the below advise and this seems to have worked for us - we have been added as license users and are getting the option to join via a Polycom Codec in Teams meetings invites.

Hello,
Microsoft has retired the PowerShell module for Skype for Business Online and all Teams related commands are now available in the Teams PS module (the minimum version should be at least 2.1).
Version check can be done using this command:
Get-Module

Please uninstall the Skype for Business PS Module from the workstations (add/remove programs).

Then install Teams PS module:
Install-module Microsoft Teams

After this please load the Teams module into the memory:
Import-Module MicrosoftTeams

Details are shown in the sample screenshots attached.

NOTE:
after Teams module installation you need to sign in into Azure AD with global admin credentials for the O365 tenant.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-powershell-install

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.