Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Do you know if it is possible to customize the tenant ID part of MS Teams joining URL? 

For example, the URL would look like tenantname@t.plcm.vc instead of 12345678@t.plcm.vc.

This kind of customisation is available with BlueJeans CVI for MS Teams and I am wondering if it is possible with RealConnect

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I didn't even know that existed...but now I have to have it.  

HP Recommended

Well, it exists in blueJeans CVI which is not very dissimilar to Poly CVI. 

Whether it is possible, that is the question. Poly does not mention it in the documentation

HP Recommended

I guess it depends on whether it's a feature of the service, or merely some Powershell magic that's strictly Microsoft Based.  

HP Recommended

I don't believe Polycom supports this. I looked into the Microsoft documentation to see if there would be some PowerShell magic, but the TenantKey is generated by the partner (Polycom/BlueJeans) and not by Microsoft.

It seems that BlueJeans has created their own alias service to allow named rather than numbered TenantKey's. From MS perspective they will accept any string in that field. Seems like it might be a feature request to Polycom.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csvideointeropserviceprovider?view=skyp...

HP Recommended

I am very new to Poly. Do you know how new feature requests are raised with them?

Do they have something like Microsoft's uservoice? 

HP Recommended

I believe that feature requests usually go back through a Poly Sales Engineer. There is also a feature request forum on the beta software portal. I have submitted this request to both.

HP Recommended

The RealConnect Service does not support using a custom string to replace the Tenant Key string for calls it receives.  Other CVI providers use their own solutions so I cannot comment on what they support or how they support it.  In order for the call to work it must be placed to xxxx@t.plcm.vc or xxxx.yyyy@t.plcm.vc (where xxxx is the Tenant Key and yyyy is the Conference ID).

The domain name in the Teams invitation can be customized though:

http://blog.schertz.name/2019/07/customizing-microsoft-teams-meeting-invitations/ 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.