Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Every one of my devices has lost it OTD Calendar integration this morning.  Even my Group Series - which are more resilient than my Trio Series.  

Poly Cloud Services Status (plcm.vc) indicates everything is up - which creates a lot of cognitive dissonance when I'm seeing my calendars go down in every room. 

I've created a ticket in the support portal.   Anyone else noticing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update - had my call with the engineer.  We made the move from "Service Account" back to "Application Account."

Bottom line - the application account of December 2022 is not the same as the application account of 2018 or 2019.  It sounds as if there have been growing pains due to the popularity of the service - so we'll see how it works!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Only thing I can think of doing is firmware updates.  I'm applying 6.2.2.8-670021 to my Group 500 - replacing about a year old version.  This new version was already on my Group 700 - so, not expecting much.  But maybe just a good old reboot will help.  

HP Recommended

Further troubleshooting.  My Group 700 - latest firmware, non newer - would not register with OTD.  I changed the password.  Still no.

Finally, I deleted the entry in OTD (by the way, it took 3 times to login to OTD - after various back end errors on the website) and regenerated the entry for the 700.

And then it registered.

For 5 minutes.  And now it's no longer registered.  

Meanwhile, Poly Status says everything is working.  

Opened up a ticket last week.  Now on Twitter asking for help.  

How does something work for months without fail - and then completely break down?  

HP Recommended

Hello,

One of my customer encountered this issue as well. If you get a workaround or corrective action advise, pls be so kind to share thru this thread. I'd really appreciate that. 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I have a call with a solid Poly engineer at 12:30 EST today and hope to do some good troubleshooting.  We are thinking it's connected to authentication between my tenant and OTD - and vice versa.  As we should all know, Microsoft deprecated basic SMTP authentication in lieu of modern authentication.  I thought that's how I'm setup.  But we'll dig in and see.

Or - it could be something like Microsoft Defender sweeping my network and causing the issue.  Not sure yet.  

HP Recommended

No solutions yet, but had a good call with the Poly engineer.  He thinks that his back-end team needs to look into our MS365 Tenant and do some clean up of sorts.  Like a lot of companies, we have some legacy domain names that might be interfering with Poly services.  

Of specific interest to him was that our console.plcm.cloud site doesn't list OTD as one of our options.  Yet, we definitely have an OTD presence.  But my login to OTD is troublesome with internal server errors.  

Again, this is likely due to some mixing and matching of legacy domain names - related to active directory that we no longer have.  

HP Recommended

I've had some communication from a 2nd level engineer at Poly/HP as the call got kicked up a level.

I was very surprised at his proposed solution.  He wants me to switch from a service account to an application account - as he believes that the 365 token is expiring pre-maturely.  However, this directly contradicts the poly engineer from a couple of years ago who asked me to switch from an application account to a service account - for almost the same reason!  So, I really would like to talk to him about this.  

He asked me to send him a meeting invite to discuss further.  Instead, I sent him a bookings link to pick a time that worked best - since I figured whatever time I sent wouldn't work.  Haven't heard back.  

HP Recommended

Update - had my call with the engineer.  We made the move from "Service Account" back to "Application Account."

Bottom line - the application account of December 2022 is not the same as the application account of 2018 or 2019.  It sounds as if there have been growing pains due to the popularity of the service - so we'll see how it works!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.