Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I was seeing the same problem across several Poly Lens Desktop versions and computers.

Selecting "Settings" -> "Reset Device" -> "Restore Defaults" brought back the Controls for my Studio P5.

I haven't switched computers again (yet) to see if they remain.

HP Recommended

Hi SeanSummers, thanks for sharing.  I this particular case it does not do the trick.
But heard (not seen) that it can solve the issue.

BR, Beyond Conference

HP Recommended

@Beyond_Conferen @SteffenBaierUK A colleague mentioned that OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) or other virtual camera app software on Windows can influence the visibility of controls; can be just from it being installed, even if not active or intercepting video feed.  Any chance you have a virtual camera app or OBS installed on the machines that manifest this problem?

HP Recommended

Hi Ryan, on both of the tested PC's is OBS installed. I have removed it from the PC's and the controls

are instant visible. 

BR, Beyond Conference

HP Recommended

@Beyond_Conferen Glad to hear that there is a path towards it working again!  Credit to Tom W. on our side for the tip on this.  I did notice in my testing that a reboot after uninstall may be required to get back full functionality.

We'll look at this further to see if we can pinpoint the issue and allow OBS + Lens Desktop to operate properly together, that'd be the ideal scenario.  I can't make any promises, and I may not update this thread again, but I wanted you to know we're looking into this to see how OBS is changing communication with the device, and if there's a possible workaround.  Thanks,

Ryan

HP Recommended

Hi Ryan, thanks for looking into this and your for your assistance.

BR, Beyond Conference

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. Windows 10; Poly Lens App 1.94; Studio P5 Camera version 194. 

I do not have OBS installed. Have not been able to get Poly Lens to display control settings.

Assistance is requested.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi AZGeekster, there is a fixed issue in Lens Desktop  1.1.14 with the topic:

Fixed an issue that prevented displaying camera controls

Try the update and check if it is solved.

BR, Beyond Conference

HP Recommended

Hi!

I have the same issue. No OBS installed and still I cannot access the camera controls...

BR

Andreas

HP Recommended

@AndreasTh I am sorry to hear about this problem. I don't currently have my P5 with me, but I did notice the 1.1.15 upgrade resolved a camera zoom control issue I was having on my P15.  Would you be willing to upgrade to 1.1.15 if you haven't already?

If that still doesn't work, I have already notified the team who engineers this to watch this post as it may be a regression issue.  While more information may be required to pin this down, it would be helpful first to have a screenshot of what you see for P5 camera controls in v1.1.15 and your system operating system version (e.g. macOS 12.3.1, Windows 10.x).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.