Poly Studio P5 missing controls in Poly Lens Desktop

SOLVED
SeanSummers
Visitor

Re: Poly Studio P5 missing controls in Poly Lens Desktop

I was seeing the same problem across several Poly Lens Desktop versions and computers.

Selecting "Settings" -> "Reset Device" -> "Restore Defaults" brought back the Controls for my Studio P5.

I haven't switched computers again (yet) to see if they remain.

Message 11 of 23
Beyond Conference
Valued Contributor

Hi SeanSummers, thanks for sharing.  I this particular case it does not do the trick.
But heard (not seen) that it can solve the issue.

BR, Beyond Conference

Message 12 of 23
RyanM
Polycom Employee

@Beyond Conference @SteffenBaierUK A colleague mentioned that OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) or other virtual camera app software on Windows can influence the visibility of controls; can be just from it being installed, even if not active or intercepting video feed.  Any chance you have a virtual camera app or OBS installed on the machines that manifest this problem?

Message 13 of 23
Beyond Conference
Valued Contributor

Hi Ryan, on both of the tested PC's is OBS installed. I have removed it from the PC's and the controls

are instant visible. 

BR, Beyond Conference

Message 14 of 23
RyanM
Polycom Employee

@Beyond Conference Glad to hear that there is a path towards it working again!  Credit to Tom W. on our side for the tip on this.  I did notice in my testing that a reboot after uninstall may be required to get back full functionality.

We'll look at this further to see if we can pinpoint the issue and allow OBS + Lens Desktop to operate properly together, that'd be the ideal scenario.  I can't make any promises, and I may not update this thread again, but I wanted you to know we're looking into this to see how OBS is changing communication with the device, and if there's a possible workaround.  Thanks,

Ryan

Message 15 of 23
Beyond Conference
Valued Contributor

Hi Ryan, thanks for looking into this and your for your assistance.

BR, Beyond Conference

Message 16 of 23
AZGeekster
Occasional Visitor

I am having the same issue. Windows 10; Poly Lens App 1.94; Studio P5 Camera version 194. 

I do not have OBS installed. Have not been able to get Poly Lens to display control settings.

Assistance is requested.

Thanks!

Message 17 of 23
Beyond Conference
Valued Contributor

Hi AZGeekster, there is a fixed issue in Lens Desktop  1.1.14 with the topic:

Fixed an issue that prevented displaying camera controls

Try the update and check if it is solved.

BR, Beyond Conference

Message 18 of 23
AndreasTh
Occasional Visitor

Hi!

I have the same issue. No OBS installed and still I cannot access the camera controls...

BR

Andreas

Message 19 of 23
RyanM
Polycom Employee

@AndreasTh I am sorry to hear about this problem. I don't currently have my P5 with me, but I did notice the 1.1.15 upgrade resolved a camera zoom control issue I was having on my P15.  Would you be willing to upgrade to 1.1.15 if you haven't already?

If that still doesn't work, I have already notified the team who engineers this to watch this post as it may be a regression issue.  While more information may be required to pin this down, it would be helpful first to have a screenshot of what you see for P5 camera controls in v1.1.15 and your system operating system version (e.g. macOS 12.3.1, Windows 10.x).

Message 20 of 23