Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have an issue trying to apply a device certificate to a VVX (410 or 401) handset where the CA certs are applying fine but the device certificate is not, checking the certificate configuration via webui and Platform CA2 populates but Platform Credential 2 does not.

I am using

Policies - Security - Certificates - Device Certificates - Platform Credential 2 Public Certificate

Policies - Security - Certificates - Device Certificates - Platform Credential 2 Private Key

Using  copy/paste from PEM file exact same as if applying from .cfg file (which works).

Am I applying to correct settings and format?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @JohnG0703 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I can only suggest this example knowledgebase article >here< which shows how to copy & paste the actual certificate "text" into the form.

Also, ensure to enable the "Set Platform x Device Certificate" 

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @JohnG0703 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I can only suggest this example knowledgebase article >here< which shows how to copy & paste the actual certificate "text" into the form.

Also, ensure to enable the "Set Platform x Device Certificate" 

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen

That is how I copy & paste the text. Once pasted and saved the Public Certificate shows the text (minus begin/end certificate) and the Private key shows as ........

It does the same removing begin/end certificate for the Platform CA but this does apply successfully.

Set Platform 2 Device Certificate is enabled.

As you suggest I will contact support.

Thanks

John

HP Recommended

Hello @JohnG0703 

from memory, I seem to remember that using the CA Certificate can be in DER-encoded certificate in PEM format. For the device certificate and/or key try without the headers and footers and all in one line aka not split with CR/LF.

But give support a try if not and you may end up with me anyway.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Looks like I will need to raise a case with support anyway.

In the logs I am seeing

001214.751|cfg |4|00|Prm|64167fa5f807-provisioning.cfg: Unknown parameter "device.sec.TLS.customDeviceCert2.publicCert.set" found, ignoring.
001214.752|cfg |4|00|Prm|64167fa5f807-provisioning.cfg: Unknown parameter "device.sec.TLS.customDeviceCert2.privateKey.set" found, ignoring.

The VVX is complaining about the .set parameter when sent from Poly Lens.

When sent from a .cfg file it only uses one .set parameter device.sec.TLS.customDeviceCert2.set and this works.

Looks like different parameters are used between Poly Lens and VVX .cfg file.

Thanks

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.