Logo

Poly Lens - Launch Poly Lens on Startup - Start Minimized

davemann
Visitor

Poly Lens - Launch Poly Lens on Startup - Start Minimized

Hello - 

I have been enjoying the new Poly Lens software much more than the previous Plantronics Hub, but I have one minor annoyance to report that I believe should be addressed.

There is now an option to "Launch Poly Lens on Startup", which is great - however, when it launches, it brings up the Poly Lens window, every time you startup/login.

There should be a "Start Minimized" option as well (frankly it should be default), which allows the app to start and add itself to the notification area icons, but the Poly Lens window should not have to open on Startup/Login.

-Dave

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Poly Lens - Launch Poly Lens on Startup - Start Minimized

Hello @davemann 

this has been added as a feature request via https://jira.poly.com/browse/LENS-5494

We will get back once this considered for adding this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓SIGNATURE ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 2 of 5
davemann
Visitor

Hello - I have seen several updates released since this feature was requested.  Any idea on when it will be introduced?  This continues to be an annoyance, as there is no reason for me to be greeted by the Poly Lens window on every bootup.

How can this be considered to be acceptable?  Plantronics Hub did not exhibit this behavior.

Message 3 of 5
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @davemann 

If you have any way of contacting someone from Poly sales this way you could be kept in the loop of when this feature could be introduced.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 4 of 5
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @davemann 

the latest Lens Desktop 1.1.19 now has an option to start minimized. You can also select to not start Lens on startup:

SteffenBaierUK_0-1659025784092.png

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

----------------

Message 5 of 5