Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello - 

I have been enjoying the new Poly Lens software much more than the previous Plantronics Hub, but I have one minor annoyance to report that I believe should be addressed.

There is now an option to "Launch Poly Lens on Startup", which is great - however, when it launches, it brings up the Poly Lens window, every time you startup/login.

There should be a "Start Minimized" option as well (frankly it should be default), which allows the app to start and add itself to the notification area icons, but the Poly Lens window should not have to open on Startup/Login.

-Dave

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @davemann 

this has been added as a feature request via https://jira.poly.com/browse/LENS-5494

We will get back once this considered for adding this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello - I have seen several updates released since this feature was requested.  Any idea on when it will be introduced?  This continues to be an annoyance, as there is no reason for me to be greeted by the Poly Lens window on every bootup.

How can this be considered to be acceptable?  Plantronics Hub did not exhibit this behavior.

HP Recommended

Hello @davemann 

If you have any way of contacting someone from Poly sales this way you could be kept in the loop of when this feature could be introduced.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @davemann 

the latest Lens Desktop 1.1.19 now has an option to start minimized. You can also select to not start Lens on startup:

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I'm currently on version 1.1.26 of Poly Lens.

On every boot, the program starts in a normal window and not minimized, even though the slider is "on".

So basically the slider doesn't do anything.

A bug perhaps?

(have been running the previous Plantronics software for almost 10 years and never had any issues)

HP Recommended

Hi Martin, Do not know if it is general issue, but my Lens Desktop 1.2.26 is running at start-up  and is minimized.

BR.
Note: that this is not original installed in this version, but updated from previous version.

HP Recommended

Update: Launch Poly Lens on Startup - Start Minimized, 
is stopped with starting minimized, there has been no update still running on 1.2.26.
Disable reboots, re-enable does not give any result

HP Recommended

We are having the same problem on multiple computer and we run version 1.1.28.

Does anyone has a solution?

HP Recommended

this is the same for me.

it doesn't get auto minimised on macOS13

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.