Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have 3 Trio 8800s in Washington DC.  All are registered with Poly Lens.  Firmware is 7.2.3.0852

The cloud status of the Trios are "Offline" and Poly Lens sees all three units as offline.  These Trios weren't provisioned via Lens - they are merely in Lens for Inventory management as of right now.  

The reason I noticed this is that I received a series of license numbers from Poly today and I entered them into Lens.  They included entitlements for the Trios above in question. Though I could enter the license numbers successfully into Lens - I couldn't assign them to actual devices.  Perhaps that is because they were "offline."

What I don't understand is that these Trios do function (although they struggle to stay connected to OTD - but that's another ticket) and they did indeed talk to Lens - because I registered them and they're in there!  So why are they offline?

I'm happy to open a ticket with my distributor, but I wanted to ask the community if my understanding of what Lens is supposed to do is incorrect?  Am I using it wrong?  Or is this a genuine technical issue?  

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Hello @Adam_in_DC 

we had an issue earlier this weekend and week but we seem to still suffer from IoT throttling issues and it seems both Voice and Video endpoints struggle to connect.

If I get an update I will reply

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We have the same issue with our Trio 8800s and g7500s globally.

We received the IoT throttling alert from Poly Status but then also got one saying it’s all resolved.  The status is also green on status.plcm.vc

If there are ongoing issues I’d have expected to receive and email alert from Poly and also for the status page to be updated.

HP Recommended

Hello @ChrisBB1 

as stated in my signature I am just a volunteer answering posts in this community. My day role is Poly Tier 3/AST support. Sometimes my workload does not allow me to notify the relevant people.

I have done so just now and let's see if this will be updated. 

Best regards

Steffen

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I appreciate your role is not full time on this Community.

My point was merely, if there are outstanding issues with Lens - then I'd have expected them to have appeared on the status.plcm.vc page.  (I wasn't expecting you to email the alert notifications).

Thank you for keeping this Community going though - I do find many of the articles here incredibly useful.

Chris

HP Recommended

Hi all...

Friday last week was fine in Poly Lens.. But now this morning, almost all endpoints is reported Offline, but they are not.

Status page report no issues, but it looks like the issue is back.

Any one else see the issue is back?

Best regards - Dan Hemsø
Poly Video Professional (VIDEO-PRO) UC consultant
Remember mark as "Accepted Solutions" or if my reply/help is "Helpful"
HP Recommended

All of my production Trio's are listed as offline in Lens - even though they are up and running. That hasn't changed.  

I did open a ticket with my distributor, ScanSource, who, in turn, opened a ticket with Poly.  

On a positive note, all of my devices are showing connected in the OTD portal.  However, Poly took no action there - it's just working at the moment.  I have a separate ticket on this issue direct with Poly as RealConnect/OTD tickets are usually direct, but equipment issues are via ScanSource - although I'm sure the Lens issue has little to do with the equipment.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone, it appears also in my Lens (testing) environment, that devices are marked to be offline but in reality they are online.

Have send a bug report to Poly Lens Team. 

HP Recommended

I've got a Noon EST call with a Poly tech today.  I'll report if there's anything interesting.  

HP Recommended

Had my call - and the tech is punting it up the chain to the Lens infrastructure team - but he did validate that "yes this is a thing."

I did check Poly Status - and there is new information there.  I resubscribed to the updates because I wasn't getting these updates before.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.