Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all.

We onboarded 100 x VVX 300 devices into Poly Lens with Poly "Lens Assisted Provisioning" into Microsoft Teams SIP Gateway (we planned another 100 to be on-onboard in near future).

No issues for almost 1 month. Suddenly, all Poly VVX 300 devices went into unregistered status (No M365/MS Teams/Poly Lens cloud service issue status in dashboards observed, no VVX-related Infrastructure changes).

After successful device login, VVX300 goes into reboot and suggests to sign-in into VVX300 again (Button "Sign-in" followed by https://microsoft.com/devicelogin"). The process repeats after a successful sign-in. Azure AD sign-ins compared with a M365 tenant which has no issues, and everything looks identical from Microsoft Azure AD sign-ins perspective.

Factory reset (while the device is managed by Poly Lens-assisted provisioning) doesn't help.

Direct onboarding to Microsoft Teams SIP Gateway (and without Poly Lens management) does help.

Full removal from Poly Lens, VVX Factory reset and re-enrollment to Poly Lens back also does help.

We are unsure if we want to proceed with Poly "Lens Assisted Provisioning" to Microsoft Teams SIP Gateway if it fails once per month. Has anyone observed such an issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Stanislav,

We have been experiencing the same problem since Friday (21.04.2023). All the impacted devices were in Americas region. We have not noticed outage in EMEA or APAC, yet.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hi Stanislav, the reboot loop after sign In looks very familiar with what I also have noticed when using a VVX350. At this moment it is not able to sign in on the Teams SIP gateway using this setup.
Using the same M365 account on a other Teams SIP Device gives no issue and is signed in directly.

When looking into the analytics_application.log there are no entries regarding the Teams SIP gateway logging attempt. Only the reboot and connection to the LENS provisioning server.

HP Recommended

Hello @Beyond_Conferen  and @Stanislav (Massive IT) 

we are currently having some issues with our Partner Microsoft and provisioning via Lens to the Microsoft SIP gateway. We are investigating this with Microsoft.

I suggest opening a case.

A reference case could be ECS-1789. Please mention this when opening a case with our support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Stanislav,

We have been experiencing the same problem since Friday (21.04.2023). All the impacted devices were in Americas region. We have not noticed outage in EMEA or APAC, yet.

HP Recommended

@Steffen Baier

Poly must update Poly Lens service "Operational" status under Poly Cloud Services Status (plcm.vc) to prevent confusion. Seems to be very serious for Enterprises to get hundreds of VVX phones being unregistered without easy recovery.

HP Recommended

Hello @Stanislav (Massive IT) 

The one most likely have nothing to do with the other so please work with our Partner Microsoft on why they logged your phones out.

This "should" have nothing to do with Poly Lens.

The issue I mentioned is about provisioning phones via Poly Lens to the Microsoft SIP gateway not completing the log in process and ending up unregistered. For this, the shared reference, we are working with Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello, we seem to be having a similar issue.lately (1-2 weeks)

Our existing VVX311 phones seem to be ok, but any newly provisionned phone allows us to "sign-in" to microsoft.com/devicelogin, but upon reboot the line is in error, and pushing the sign-in button again shows us an "Oops" page.

Factory Reset and provisionning through Microsoft works

Factory Reset and provisionning through Poly Lens does not work

We currently have all of our VV311 on firmware 6.3.1.11465 (which was what Microsoft's provisionning was using.. it seems they have since switched to 6.4.1. Tried upgrading the firmware to latest still wih no success.

Haven't tried switching from North America to elsewhere yet, but will try see if that fixes the issue.

We also noticed we are getting graphql errors when trying to check the "My settings" of devices (old or new) on lens.poly.com, might be related.

As others have mentionned, it would be nice to have a post in the service status regarding this so we don't rack our brains for nothing if it's on polycom/microsoft's end.

HP Recommended

Hi BenjaminL
We report the same behavior appeared recently.

HP Recommended

Haven't tried switching from North America to elsewhere yet, but will try see if that fixes the issue.

I Tried yesterday with EU zone but still no luck. I also tried all firmware from 6.3.1.11465 to the latest with no success. I alse tried to log off/log a already provisionned phone and I can't log in. So, If any of my phone log off for any reason, I cannot log on it back (!!)

HP Recommended

Hello @Benjamin D. 

we are currently having some issues with our Partner Microsoft and provisioning via Lens to the Microsoft SIP gateway. We are investigating this with Microsoft.

I suggest opening a case.

A reference case could be ECS-1789. Please mention this when opening a case with our support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.