Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Have others found they need to change the default settings in zoom when using the P15 with the P15's built-in echo cancellation and NoiseBlockAI?   We've started to notice that with the P15 on default settings, zoom calls are chopping the beginning of speech and also preventing full-duplex communication.  We've seen it get better when changing the zoom "Background Noise Suppression" from Auto to Low.   But I'm hesitant to make this change for all users without more feedback.

I know with Zoom Rooms and appliances like the x30/x50 the Zoom software automatically disables software echo cancellation and background nose suppression, but I'm wondering if we should be doing the same thing manually for users with P15 setups.

Of course the biggest challenge with this is that many users with laptops, for example, will be doing some meetings with the P15, and some with the laptop's built-in mic/speaker, so it's hard to ask them to change back and forth each meeting. So none of these solutions are ideal.

I'd hate to have to turn off the Poly NoiseBlockAI just to keep the default settings of Zoom working well.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.