we have just released the Polycom Studio 1.2.0 Software
- Poly Studio 1.2.0 has been released
What is included in this release?
- This release of the Poly Studio USB video bar includes all the features of the previous releases and includes the following new features:
● New Camera Movement Options for Framing and Tracking
● Conversation Mode
New Camera Movement Options for Framing and Tracking
The Poly Studio USB video bar includes new options to switch between groups or speakers.
To use these options, set the tracking mode to Frame Speaker or Frame Group. Then choose Auto Pan or Cut for the Camera movement setting in the Polycom Companion App.
● Auto Pan: The camera pans smoothly between the speakers or groups, especially when they’re
close together.However, the camera still cuts between the speakers or groups if needed (the
camera makes the decisions on when to pan or cut).
● Cut: The video cuts between the speakers or groups, regardless of their proximity.
You can configure your Studio USB video bar to display speakers in conversation mode.
To use this feature, set the tracking mode to Frame Speaker and set the maximum zoom to 4x. Then enable the Conversation Mode setting in the Lab Features section in the Polycom Companion App.
● ON: When two people in the same room talk back and forth, the Studio USB video bar treats them
as if they’re in a conversation. If the two speakers aren’t close, the USB video bar displays a split
screen showing the two speakers.
● OFF: The Studio USB video bar only tracks speakers who are currently talking.
What is available on the Support Website now?
- Release Notes
- User Guide
- Administrators Guide
- Additional Product Documentation
- Polycom Companion
If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not
reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer. ----------------
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections