Logo

Second Poly Studio that doesn't work out of the box.....

iscs-mvalpreda
Occasional Visitor

Second Poly Studio that doesn't work out of the box.....

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have received 2x Poly Studios in the last month - both out of the box have a pulsing yellow light after plugging into and then connecting to a computer.

I launch Poly Lens and the device is not detected. I launch Poly Companion and it says there is a device in DFU mode. I install the software (1.5), all looks well, but after the software update is done....back to pulsing yellow light. I downloaded and installed 1.4 and then the device will at least show up in Poly Lens. I then update to the latest software (2.1 at this time) and it will work on a computer in Teams/Zoom/etc.

That process worked on one of them.....but this latest one I am going through the second attempt to get this to work. It always goes to pulsing yellow light. This is right out of the box!

What am I doing wrong here? I have used these over the last 3-4 years and they used to just plug in and work. Now I'm having to spend way more time than I should to get something so simple to work.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Second Poly Studio that doesn't work out of the box.....

Hello @iscs-mvalpreda 

Welcome to the Poly community.

Check if there is a Poly Studio is running in the services on the PC. We have seen this trigger updates and as the download and update can take a while people disconnect the Unit and break it and place it into DFU mode. This is not using Companion or the Lens App and is a windows service that triggers a windows update.

Its called PolyStudioWindowsUpdateService.exe and is set to start automatically

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓SIGNATURE ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 2 of 6
iscs-mvalpreda
Occasional Visitor

Appreciate the reply, but Poly Lens does not detect the device out of the box - the device not even plugged into USB is pulsing yellow. I have to use Poly Companion....downgrade the firmware to 1.4, then I can use Poly Lens to upgrade to 2.1.

It's 30-40 minutes of extra nonsense just to get this working. I'm doing an sanity check to make sure I am not doing something silly.....but I guess it's just a QA issue.

Message 3 of 6
Aweihl
Occasional Advisor

I've had to run the same fix you performed above too. Sometimes a simple reboot while its connected, wait a bit, and itll install and work also. If that doesnt work, like your 2nd studio, i always factory reset then try again and i havent had that, not work.

Message 4 of 6
iscs-mvalpreda
Occasional Visitor

Third Poly Studio....same exact nonsense. Right out of the box - pulsing yellow light. Poly Lens does not detect the device. Have to use Polycom Companion to drop from the shipping firmware (1.5) to 1.4, then the device will show up in Poly Lens. After that I can do a proper setup in Poly Lens, then upgrade to 2.1.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Message 5 of 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @iscs-mvalpreda ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I appreciate your experience but you never answered my question/comment

Does the system where you install the Poly Studio USB have the PolyStudioWindowsUpdateService.exe running?

I did not ask for Lens or for the companion app. If yes please stop it in the services. For further help please check the below.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓SIGNATURE ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 6 of 6