Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

my name is Daniel. I´ve bought the Polystudio USB and it works fine. Now i want to use it in medium large rooms. I know for this setting it is not the best solution, but the video engine is good enough for this setting. But audio is the challenge for the built in mics. The expansion mic is the solution in the distance, but not in the range. My idea: wireless mics for every person. Now i want to go in the Polystudio USB with the audio signal via the RJ11 Input. Does anybody know a good adapter (RJ11 male to USB female)? I know, this solution is not a normal case, but have anybody an idea, if that works?
Thanx.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @DanielGr 

I'm sorry to say this, but you will not get such info here. Poly does not even provide pinout for that cable nor does support extending it's range.

And that port is dedicated only for Expansion Mic, nothing else.

Your best solution would be either using Poly Sync 40/60 (maybe dual - two devices wirelessly daisy-chained) or some third-party USB solution. If you connect both to a USB hub, then you will have only one USB cable to your PC.

Just keep in mind, that each and every time you will have to manually choose input device for microphone (since Studio USB has both mics and speakers built-in, those will probably have higher priority when discovered by Windows).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Lukasz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.