Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I can not install the companion software to my windows 10 domain computer. attached os the error from the log.

Does anyone have any ideas? We have tried turning off the antivirus software already. I also tried several different computers, some with the studio connected.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Jcoffey1138 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I tried to simply search for part of the error message >here< and would assume that your IT Team has some form of policy on place preventing the App from being installed.

Did you try this with Administrator rights?

I suggest you work with your IT team on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi

I am part of the IT team. We have tried run as administrator, as a domain login with local admin rights and as a local user with admin rights. 

So far the failing installs are on 64 bit systems using the subscription windows 10 version with a keyserver. 

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi Jcoffey1138.

We have the same issue.  This only happens to us if the machine is on the domain.  We can install it perfectly fine on a machine that is not on the domain.  We removed the computer from the domain, installed the software and added it back to the domain.

I am not blaming anyone but we had this happen with another software before and figured it was something in the group policy.  However, it was actually on the software side because I opened a ticket and they found something in the software that prevented it from installing on computers in a domain.  Maybe this is the same with this polycom software.

Let me know if that fixes it for you.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

what version of the Companion app do you find this?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

hi,

same issue here.

windows10 in domain.

try to install as admin.

software version:

Polycom Companion for Windows 1.6.0

any idea how to solve this?

HP Recommended

Just download the new version: 1.6.1.

This works for me.
Application is now running on windows10 machine inside the domain.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue. I noticed after downloading this software from their website it stored a copy of the .exe in AppData/Roaming. When attempting to install it would try to run from that location and this is prohibited in our environment. 

Resolution was simple, navigate to AppData/Roaming, remove the .exe and place it on Desktop then run the install. Make sure to Cut/Paste and not Copy as you must remove it from AppData. For me the software installed no issue and loaded successfully. Hope this helps!! 

HP Recommended

Hello @Stutz , @Jcoffey1138  and @jpgeerets @MDSNIS 

the Companion app is no longer supported. Please use Poly Lens instead

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.