Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The base unit's mute lights are off, but the mic lights persist as red. I just replaced the mic cables. How do I get the mic lights to turn off. This happens with several units in our facility.

Thank you,

David

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello David,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Can you confirm the Part Numbers for the VTX Microphones ?

Have they ever worked on any VTX?

Why did you have to replace the cables and did you make these yourself or are these provided by Polycom?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with the VTX1000 we use for City Council meetings.  New 15 foot ext cords were purchased and they were for the VTX1000.  We also have a SoundStation 2 that is used in a conference room, so I am aware that not all accessories are interchangeable.

I noticed that the mic cords which use a 4P4C connector also called a RJ9 or RJ10 phone receiver jack and if opposite ends are plugged into the phone unit, the mics do not work at all and switching the cords, the mics will work, but the red light remains on and the mute button on the external mics do not work. 

My question is, how are the pins wired or suppose to be wired for these VTX1000 external microphone cords and/or how are these pins wired/utilized within the external microphone?

Thanks, ALD3Lee

HP Recommended

I too have a couple of VTX1000 systems in our office. I just purchased the second but am having trouble with the external mics. The red mute light is on as soon as I plug in the mics and the button does not seem to do anything when we initiate a call.  The base station will work fine, no muting when the mic red lights are on. I've tried them on the other base station and they light up red as well when I plug them in.

Serial Number of Base station is B20638021E09 and the mics are serial number B215210419FB.

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello BakerofPies,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The VTX your quoted a serial for was sold via GCAT,LLC dba Target Distributing back in 02/10/2006 to TARGET SALES INC. This unit is therefore nearly 11 years old.

The Microphone you quoted was sold via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS back in 29/06/2015.

Both units are therefore not new so we do not know what happened to these.

I believe you can update the VTX to a new software but I am not even sure the 11 year old unit will work so its at your own risk.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.