Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

We have several Soundstation2 conf. phones.

Part of our company uses an external provider for conf.calls, which requires a long line of numbers for connection.

I am trying to store this in the phonebook but apparently there is only place for small number of digits for each entry.

I want this to be stored (p being pause)

+4512345678p1234567#11234#1*

When I try to store this, I only gets to here:

+4512345678p1234..................

Any help here ?

KR

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Netrom,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The International Standard ITU standardizes the length of numbers to 15 or shorter.

The number you are dialing, without the +, is 15 digits long.

I can only assume that this is working as designed and can only advise if you need further verification to work with your Polycom Reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have the same issue and major concern with this limitation.  My companies conference bridge is a 10 digit number with a pause and a second 10 digit number, #.  This works just fine on my iphone and other devices.  I'd like to not have to look up the numbers and type them in on the phone, just store it in the phone book.

HP Recommended

Hello DougA

as already replied to the original poster this is working as designed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
I have the same problem with SondStation 2W. But the length of the number is not a limitation. The wider the characters, the shorter the number that fits in the display line. I can save the number 911111111111111111111111 in the phone book, and it will be dialed. But if the number contains only "4", then only 13 digits will be saved, 4444444444444. The administrator’s guide states that you can save any number in the phone book with any prefixes. How can I explain to the boss that some 16-digit numbers can be saved and some not? Such a small flaw in the program leaves a very negative impression about the quality of Plolycom products. Can you fix it?
HP Recommended

Hello @Fox-Pro ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already explained to the original poster:

• The International Standard ITU standardizes the length of numbers to 15 or shorter.

To my personal knowledge the SoundStation 2W is end of life and end of sale so there is no further development on this product.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.