Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have purchased two Polycom Soundstation 2 (Part number: 2200-16200-102) and two sets of SS2W EX-Mics.

We are using them on a MItel SX-2000 PBX

I have plugged the Soundstation 2 into an anlaogue port and it works fine. As soon as I plug in the external mics then we cannot use the Soundstation 2. With the mics plugged in, when I press the dial button you can hear a dial tome but all the red lights come on as if the unit is mited. None of the mute buttons will get it off mute - but presing the button with an arrow pointing up turns the light green. However as soon as you dial a digit a continuous tone is heard. Also with the mics plugged in you lose the functionality of all the keys on the Polycom such as the menu button etc.

Can anyone tell me if the mics are incompatible with the soundstation? I have tried both soundsations we have and it is the same issue on both - there doe not seem to be any additional configuration with regards to the microphones within the menu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello GMarshall,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Microphones for the SS2W are not Compatible with the Microphones for the SS2.

Please liaise with a Polycom Reseller in order to purchase the correct microphones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello GMarshall,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Microphones for the SS2W are not Compatible with the Microphones for the SS2.

Please liaise with a Polycom Reseller in order to purchase the correct microphones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen - thank you for the prompt reply, much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Gareth

HP Recommended

I have the same issue on the SS2W. I have the correct mics for the 2W. The mute button on the external mics do not mute the phone. In my application, the mic mutes itself. Both external mics seem to work independly when it comes to the mute feature. Is that standard or is there a program or switch setting that needs to be done to make the mute feature mute the whole unit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.