Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Soundstation 2 working on an Avaya Communications Manager.  I understand that the conference button may have limited capabilities on this system.  One feature I cannot get to work is answering a second call.  The incoming call waiting tone is heard but when the conference button is pressed the Soundstation 2 places the first call on hold and picks up dial tone.  The call waiting tone can no longer be heard and the incoming caller continues to hear ringing.  If you press the conference button again you return to the original call and can once again hear the call waiting tone.  Is there anything I can do to get this feature working?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello therdt1,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Is this a "normal" analog SoundStation2 or a SoundStation2 Avaya direct Connect?

If it is the analog Variant have you tried to connect a normal analog Phone and reproduce the issue?

Usually the Conference Button sends a so called Flash Signal (interrupting the phone line for either 80,100,300 or 600ms) and that signals the PABX that you wish to hold the call.

Usually your PABX Provider should have a list of Commands (normally starting with * or #) that allows maybe for the 2nd Call to be picked up but only the PABX Manufacturer will have this Information for you.

Please liaise with Avaya and/or test with an analog Phone if you have the same results.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the helpful info Steffen.  The Soundstation 2 is the analog version.  I have it programmed as a 2500.  I have tried changing it to a polycom phone type and I haven't noticed any difference.

I looked at the feature access codes and found what Avaya calls "CAS Remote Hold/Answer Hold-Unhold Access Code: #0".  This works if used after the conference button is pressed.  In other words once you hear the call waiting tone you press conference, get dial tone, then #0 and you get the second call.  You can then press conference followed by the #0 to switch between the calls.

I plugged in an available Avaya model 6211 phone we have in stock here and it acted identical.

The problem is they are looking to combine the calls, not switch between them.  I would assume this is buried in my phone system programming somewhere.  I will keep looking.

Once again thank you for you help.

HP Recommended

Hello therdt1,

thank you for getting back and clarifying the situation.

Please remember that the Phone itself does not hold any switching capabilities so the ability to "join" the call must come from your PABX.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.