Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, Got 1/2 way through the upgrade process when the unit diplayed "Erase complete awaiting new image" the selection screen to click the "BootROM upgrade" however the button was not clickable and then the phone reset itself and is stuck with no display and 3 red lights...

How can I procced with the upgrade ?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello spawn-ian,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually, apart from starting the upgrade of the SoundStation2W via the USB Cable, no additional User Interaction is needed until you are asked to pair the unit should be needed.

What Software did you use ?

I would suggest if the unit is still within warranty to contact your Polycom Reseller as I am not aware of a method to recover this from an end users perspective.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello spawn-ian,

in my experience I had not yet had an upgrade fail so as suggested above contact your Polycom Reseller as the unit cannot be recovered by yourselves.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I agree, there is something wrong with the Windows 7 version of the 2W upgrade.

I now have 2 boat anchors that used to be Soundstation 2W's

The first was upgraded with the XP version as we have done with many.  I'll come back to that in a second.

The second was in an interstate boardroom which I brought back with me on my last trip.  We have upgraded to Win 7 so I downloaded the new upgrade file and it fails to recognise the 2W but windows can see it and the drivers are working fine.  No upgrade, no IP capability - no use = boat anchor.

I spoke with a Polycom reseller and they indicated that it must be the unit.  So I tried the upgrade with the first unit.  It failed first time to get beyond "Preparing soundstatino 2W for Radiofirmware update".  Was able to reboot PC and start again.  This time unit and software both locked at "Verifying Soundstation 2W parameters." = boat anchor

There is clearly something wrong with the win 7 software.

Can someone help - the reseller could only advise, you just plug it in and upgrade - that's all you do.

Cheers,

Geoff

HP Recommended

Hello Geoff,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Windows 7 Installer has been tested extensively by our development Team and it is a broad statement to blame the Windows 7 Installer itself for the failure.

The Operating System has plenty of Variants, Service Packs and in addition Anti Virus Software and Firewalls so these have to be taken in account as well.

I will liaise with our Team to check if there are any logs to be expected to be written to the Hard Disc in order to check if there has been a reason for the upgrade to fail as explained by you.

Could you be so kind and email me within the forum your two Serial Numbers for the Units?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.