Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a SoundStation 2W base and console purchased as a pair. The console broke, so I purchased a replacement console. I am attempting to pair the old base with the new console, but encountering issues.

The console is running CVM 1.85. I attempt to register the two by meticulously adhering to the instructions (select register on console, power cycle base, hold in paging button, etc). However, the console keeps flashing between "Please wait ..." and "No Signal." I have attempted the registration numerous times without success. I was able to connect/register my old console to the same base. I have tried rebooting; that did not resolve the issue.

I have noticed some peculiar behavior with this new console.

1. The signal bars on the console keep bouncing between full signal, and no signal even when the device is inches from the base.

2. Looking at the Registration info, the "BASE" is "UNAVAILABLE" but occasionally flashes "FFFFFFFFFF." The occasional flashes may correspond with the bouncing between full signal and no signal.

3. Looking at the System Information, the "CVM" value is "1.85", but occasionally flashes "UNAVAILABLE." As with the registration BASE value, the timing appears to correspond with the bouncing between full signal and no signal.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If additional information or troubleshooting is required, please let me know.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Jason,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would attempt to flash the software from => here <= again and follow through the registration process. If this still does not pair the Unit then it is faulty and cannot be recovered in the field.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

"...to flash the software..."

Am I correct in assuming I should restore the device to factory settings and attempt to upgrade it?

HP Recommended

Hello ,

just follow the instructions to flash the software.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

If this link was to a tutorial of how to Flash the software, that would make sense, but this link just takes me to a page with all instructions for the SoundStation 2W and the terminology is unclear. I am unfamiliar with the term "Flash" in reference to software. Please answer the question directly.

The word "Flash" does not exist on that page. It only exists several times in the user manual and references items I believe to be completely unrelated to this issue.

HP Recommended

Hello,

flashing is a common terminology for installing / re-installing the software.

Please download the correct version of software (based on you operating system) and install the software again.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I attempted to upgrade the software on the device. I tried it multiple times on two different systems (one running Vista, one running Windows 7) and encountered the same upgrade problem:

If I go into the menu on the console and select “Upgrade Software” (computer connected, software started, etc), it does not appear to upgrade it. The process begins, proceeds to “Step 2 of 6 – Upgrading SoundStation2W firmware…” and never gets to step 3.  In one instance, I waited over an hour, yet no errors appear. Download progress bar does not change either. The console screen reads “Please Start PC Upgrade Application,” unsure if the console screen should change.  I tried rebooting the console as well; that did not make any difference. In fact, if I fail to set the console into upgrade mode I get identical, failed results. Seems as if the console and computer are not communicating properly. Sometimes it doesn’t even get to step 2; it seems very inconsistent.

If I hold the mute button as the software program says, click upgrade, and release the mute button, it downloads and gets to step 3. However, at the end of step 3 it says “Error SoundStation2W detection failed.”

HP Recommended

Also, once or twice I got to this other popup that had two options:

1. If LCD displays "Erase complete, waiting for new Image" then BootROM Upgrade

2. If LCD displays "SoundStation 2W USB Download. Ready to start download" then Application upgrade.

Screen said neither. Screen still read "Please start PC Upgrade Application"

HP Recommended

Jason,  the base unit and the console are a frequency matched pair.  You mentioned replacing only the console unit.

The base and console must be replaced as a set.  You need to be sure that the serial number on the base matches the serial number on the console, 

HP Recommended

I have a few sets with were purchased brand new and have mismatched serial numbers, but they still work just fine.  Unless you meant a specific portion of the model number?  If so, how can you tell?  I thought there were 1.9 and 2.4GHz and those had to match.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.