Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

while trying to upgrade the firmware the Sound Station became dead and the display is stuck with " waitng for upgrade " .

I have tried half a dozen times to upgrade via the software, no way, I have tried running as admin, no way.

Now, our Sound Station has dead cause of a polycom faulty upgrade software so even if it is out of warranty we expect some sort of free of charge help from Polycom considering that the cause of the problem is its faulty firmware upgrade software.

I have read other situation like that in this forum and if Polycom will charge us to fix a Polycom faulty software, the company I work for is ready to undertake legal actions since now.

What to do now ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

As I can't see an edit botton the complete error message we get is this -> " SS2W USB Download   Ready to start download "

HP Recommended

Hello Jabulani,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not knowing any history about your specific device or the state the unit has been in before or if any issues on your end occured during the upgrade I am unable to comment.

I would suggest you work with your Polycom reseller on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This sort of copy and paste to whatever problem Polycom has, is starting to irritating me, and I guess all the Polycom customers.

The story is simple, before attempting the firmware upgrade it worked, now that's a doorstopper.

Of course this is the last Polycom piece of **bleep** we purchased, considering the ridicolous copy and paste support you think to offer.

I encourage all the customers in the same situation to report these ridicolous issues on all the forum, facebook and whatever available media like we already did.

Clowns, you are like cowards clowns

HP Recommended

Hello Jabulani,

This is quite a broad statement and I can assure you that there was no copy & paste involved in my reply other than my standard signature.

You are entitled to your opinion but you should also give us as the market leader a chance to professionally support yourself.

In order to archive this we require a certain minimum amount of details.

As we usually do not support end customers directly we would be referring you to the company who sold you the device so they can raise a case with us after they have exhausted any troubleshooting they are trained to do.

We would need a serial number to look up the units history and then look at this individual case.

You have so far neither provided details on:

• what Operating system you attempted the upgrade on
  • what original software version was installed prior to the upgrade attempt
  • what was the reason for the upgrade in the first place
  • did you follow the Software Upgrade Instructions including the troubleshooting tips?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, as per your request I am going to answers your questions :

• The Sound Station 2W has never had a single incidents since 5-6 years, the S/N is 0F081139BEDE1. It has been bought new.
  • I used Windows 7 64bit Enterprise
  • The reason of the upgrade try was that we were not able to use the conf call with 3 participants, despiting we have fiddled a lot with flash timing sets as suggested on your troubleshooting procedures
  • yes we carefully followed every single step on the upgrading procedure and also every single step of the troubleshooting pdf. We did both at least half a dozen of times.

Thanks i nadvance

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Please delete all of our previous negative posts in this thread cause the situation has positively and dramatically changed. Please let in this thread this post only.

I would like to release a special thanks to Polycom and in particular to Mr. Steffen Baier. We had a Sound Station 2W out of warranty, during the firmware upgrade the procedure went wrong and the Sound Station went stuck forever despite we applied the correct procedures.

After an initial misunderstanding with Polycom support I have to say they have been really brilliant and extremely responsive and quick. Mr. Steffen Baier followed the whole matter and, cause of the problem occured to the firmware upgrade procedure, he provided us a Sound Station as a substitution to the previous one. We exchange each other some emails and now we have again a working Sound Station 2W with the firmware already upgraded.

Please let me say again a huge thank you to Mr. Steffen Baier for his excellent skills, kindness and for his extreme quickness and professionality. I would like to extend my special greetings to all the guys working for Polycom support.

Beside the Sound Station 2W we have also 2 Polycom Video conference systems HDX 7000 HD and we are extremely satisfied with both products and we are proud to be a Polcyom customer which can also counts on a strong and efficient after sales support.

Thanks again a lot

Best Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.