Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone that uses a Polycom Sound Station 2,

I have a problem with my Polycom Sound Station 2.

Here is the situation. I use the device for Skype calling by using the audio cable given with the device. During skype call, the sound from the other side is very not clear. The sound is clipped somehow. 

Here is how I troubleshoot.  I connected the polycom to my laptop and play some music with the maximum volume both polycom and laptop. What I notice is when the surrounding is quiet, the audio seems to be okay. When I say something to the microphone of the polycom, then the audio slows down and even muted the sound of the music. When I stop talking, the audio seems to be okay like normal. Also, when I muted the microphone of the polycom, the sound is better. 

Therefore, Is this a common issue? Does the polycom automatically cancel out the sounds from the speakers for a better microphone performance? Is there any fix or a way to cancel out the noise cancelation? 

Thank you. I really hope someone can help me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.