Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We bought a SoundStation 2W recently. During the process of using the station in Skype communication, we notice that the connection jack on the MacBook Pro is not standard. In the previous thread, it mentioned a TTY connector from Apple can connect iPhone to the soundstation. Will the same adaptor work in the Skype on combo jack of MacBook Pro 13" ? Thank you.

CP

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello CP,

what kind of cable have you got?

I am aware that Apple likes to introduce non standard connectors but to my knowledge the SS2W usually can utilize the so called Computer Calling Kit which has a 3.5mm Microphone and a 3.5mm Speaker Cable.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

I have the computer calling kit and the 25mm-25mm mobile phone cable. The problem is the MacBook Pro I have does not have two separate sockets, mic and headphone. The socket I have is the same one that you can find on a iPhone 4 or or 4S. It is a socket designed for a combination of mic and headphone. I have been searching everywhere to find a compatible but later realised that it is Apple that create the issue. Then I found the conversation regarding the iPhone 4 connection to SoundStation. I thought it might work this way but want to check with you first. In a nutshell, I am trying to connect the Soundstation to the single combi socket of a Apple MacBook pro for VOIP appliction. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

CP

HP Recommended

Hello CP,

I have brought this up with Product Management and I may be able to provide an answer shortly.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello CP,

there are plans to release a compatible cable for these kind of connections but I have no release date for this yet.

In the mean time feel free to try this cable => here <= as we had done some testing internally according to the Product manager.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.