Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've had a SoundPoint SE-220 for about nine months in my home-office.  Recently, Line 1 stopped working.  The red in-use indicator for Line 1 remains on constantly.  I can make one call with the phone, but the phone will not hang up when the call is finished.  To clear the line, I have to unplug the phone jack from the phone for a minute and then plug the phone back in.  I moved my main line to Line 2, and so far the phone is working as expected (though I am down one line on my two-line phone).  I could not find this issue on the Polycom site, but other Internet searches revealed that this is a known issue with this phone.  What can I do to remedy this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Cotaroba,

At this point it sounds as though you may need to speak with our technical support representatives. I would recommend contacting them directly at 888-248-4143 they should be able to further help out with this issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Cotaroba,

I understand that you are having some issues with your Soundpoint pro and it holding open line one on your unit. Is the line that was connected to line one an analog line ? Is there a second analog line in the area you can connect to the port to see if you have the same issue ?

HP Recommended

I've got two analog lines coming into my home/office.  I tried both lines on Line 1 on my SP SE220.  The SE220 holds the line open on both and the "IN-USE" LED remains lit on both.  I think it's a problem with the phone.  If the same thing happens to Line 2, I won't be able to use the phone at all.

HP Recommended

Hello Cotaroba,

At this point it sounds as though you may need to speak with our technical support representatives. I would recommend contacting them directly at 888-248-4143 they should be able to further help out with this issue.

HP Recommended

Technical Support determined the phone is defective and needs to be replaced.  They want me to send the phone into Polycom and they will send me a replacement with an estimated delivery date of 30-days after they receive my defective phone.  I tele-commute and use the phone daily, so being without a phone for 30+ days is not an option.  Let me know how this business model works for you.  Any purchasing decisions that I make for my company from now on will not include Polycom.

HP Recommended

Hello cotaroba,

We certainly understand your predicament, and apologize for the inconvenience. Polycom phones come with an Industry Standard 1 year warranty that encompasses standard repair services. We do offer service contracts at the time of purchase through your Certified Polycom Reseller, and per-RMA Advanced shipment options are available for purchase at the time of RMA for all other products that are not covered by a service contract.

We recommend utilizing a service contract, or having a working spare product in case of failure for mission-critical applications.

Please be sure to review the Polycom Product Warranty Guide that outlines our warranty standards for more details on the warranty that came with your Polycom product.

Best Regards,
James

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.