Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I recently switched to a digital phone line. My Soundpoint SE -220 works fine with it most of the time but I have 3 odd problems:

1. At random times incoming calls go to voice mail after 1 ring (they normally go after 4).

2. At random times I cannot hear the incoming voice but they can hear me.

3. The message light doesn't turn off.

Has anyone had these problems or have ideas on how to fix them?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello DF,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SE-220 is an analog phone and therefore does not control the Voicemail or the Voicemail light of your Digital PABX or the Digital Line on your PSTN.

If the Phone would make the line busy then the Voicemail may be activated before the usual 4 rings (on your occasion) but if it audibly rings once and then the caller get's placed into Voicemail is a behavior you must get investigated on the side of your PSTN /PABX.

With the one way audio, does this happen with another analog Phone on the analog line as well ?

Voicemail light, this is send from the PABX/PSTN and not controlled by the Phone. It must have been "told" to turn the light on so the PSTN/PABX must now "tell" it to turn if off.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.