Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a question similar to that posted on http://community.polycom.com/t5/PSTN/SoundStation2-and-Computer-Calling-Kit/m-p/15347#M381, but since it involves slightly different model numbers, I'm posting a new topic for clarity.

I have a Polycom SoundStation 2 (Non Expandable) (2200-16000-001), which did not come with a cable to hook up to a computer and use for conferencing solutions like Skype and GoToMeeting.

I ordered the cable linked to at http://www.polycom.com/products/voice/accessories/computer_calling_kit.html from Amazon. When it came, it's labeled with part number 2457-17240-001, which is neither of the numbers listed on polycom's computer calling kit page, but I assume is closest to the cable for the 2W units, since they both end with the -001. (FWIW, the cable also lists Rev: D and EX: 1152)

The issue I'm having is that the speaker works great, but the microphone only picks up a whisper when I'm shouting very close to the phone, with the mic boost turned on. I've tried with multiple computers, with the same effect.

At the other topic I noted above, where the OP is having the same issue as me, Steffen noted that the correct cable needs to be used, and is likely the cause of the issue.

I've gone through the list of other resellers on polycom's computer calling kit page, and none of them appear to sell the needed 2200-17240-002 cable.

So my question is twofold:

1) should my SS2 have come with the computer calling kit? It's hard to tell from Polycom's page, since my unit has a display. If so, I'll return it to my reseller and buy another unit until I get the cable.

2) If my unit does not, in fact, come with the cable, is there anywhere I CAN get the correct cable? As I said, everywhere Polycom linked to is the wrong cable.

Thank you for your help! I need to resolve this issue this week, before my window for returning the SS2 closes!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello ,

I am a support Engineer and usually do not deal with sales or the content of sold units.

As I have a European Version of the SS2 EXP in my lab I checked the quick start guide accompanying the unit and it does not mention the cable. In addition a separate paper explains the lack of the mobile phone cable in addition.

Best advise is to have someone from Polycom sales to contact you via => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have created a FAQ entry => here <= explainingt what cable should be used.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

That FAQ is helpful indeed. However, I still need the answers to the questions I asked, if possible:

1) should my SS2 [non-expandable, with LCD] have come with the computer calling kit? It's hard to tell from Polycom's page, since my unit has a display. If so, I'll return it to my reseller and buy another unit until I get the cable.

2) If my unit does not, in fact, come with the cable, is there anywhere I CAN get the correct cable? All the online retaliers Polycom linked to only seem to carry the 001 cable.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello ,

I am a support Engineer and usually do not deal with sales or the content of sold units.

As I have a European Version of the SS2 EXP in my lab I checked the quick start guide accompanying the unit and it does not mention the cable. In addition a separate paper explains the lack of the mobile phone cable in addition.

Best advise is to have someone from Polycom sales to contact you via => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thank you so much for you assistance. I'll do as you suggest, and for the convenience of other users, report back here what I learn.

HP Recommended

OK, here's what I've found out:

Steffen- your FAQ was most helpful- THANK YOU! The only suggestion I might request is that you add the SoundStation2 (non-expandable) to the list of phones requiring the 2200-17240-002.

The issue, indeed, was that I had purchased the incorrect Computer Calling Kit, since Polycom only has a page for the 2200-07878-001, linking to vendors selling that item.

So, if someone is in the same boat as I was, and needs a Computer Calling Kit for their SoundStation2, may I recommend this item on Amazon- it's the one I purchased and it works GREAT for making Skype calls now! Or failing that, search for the 2200-17240-002 specifically and ensure the product page lists that SKU, instead of just searching for a Polycom ComputerCallingKit, because most places, it seems, sell the 001 cable instead of the 002 cable.

HP Recommended

Polycom Soundstation 2 Non-Expandable dont  a bundled computer calling kit. Computer calling kit is bundled for Soundstation 2 Expandable only.

for your problem regarding low mic input. If having another cable does not work, try using another power module. I alreadt experienced this before

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.