Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We just setup a SoundStation2 in our meeting room and for some reason we can't accept calls on it. It has a dial tone and I am able to make calls out with it but it never shows anything incoming. We do have it set up so that the telephone line connects into our office phone and then we wired that phone into the SoundStation. This is how we've set it up in another of our buildings but it was setup long before I arrived and I'm not sure if there is anything special that I need to do to make it receive. The phone that it is connected to it will ring but I'm not seeing a way to push the call from the phone to the SoundStation. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @rrreed 

this last reply does not match with what you originally reported:

@rrreed wrote:

We just setup a SoundStation2 in our meeting room and for some reason we can't accept calls on it. It has a dial tone and I am able to make calls out with it but it never shows anything incoming. We do have it set up so that the telephone line connects into our office phone and then we wired that phone into the SoundStation. 

Now you state:

Whenever I hit the send/receive button on the SoundStation it just gave me a loud buzzing noise in return.

The above tells us that the office phone is using a digital line and the next step would be to contact who set up the office phone so they can check why the analog line provided by the phone no longer allows inbound calls.

This is not a Poly issue and we cannot troubleshoot this either. As you have not yet provided details of the make and model of the office phone other community users cannot help you either.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @rrreed ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Not knowing the history of the device can you answer the phone when ringing it aka replace the "working" phone and simply press the off-hook button?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,
Thank you for your response. I hope that I understood this correctly. Did you want me to remove the working office phone from the equation all together? If so, I tried this but I couldn't call out or receive calls with the setup in this state. Whenever I hit the send/receive button on the SoundStation it just gave me a loud buzzing noise in return.

HP Recommended

Hello @rrreed 

most likely the line used is not an analogue line and therefore does not work with the analog SoundStation.

I suggest you check this and work with someone that has knowledge of analog lines.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Okay. I do apologize because my knowledge in phone systems is certainly limited. I did check with our phone service provider and was told that we do have an analogue signal coming from them. I'm not sure if this can change from within the building but as far as I know, we don't do anything too crazy with our setup.

I greatly appreciate your help so far and if this is as far as you think that you can carry me on this one then I can always see if I can reach out to someone local who can come take a look at it.

HP Recommended

Hello @rrreed 

this last reply does not match with what you originally reported:

@rrreed wrote:

We just setup a SoundStation2 in our meeting room and for some reason we can't accept calls on it. It has a dial tone and I am able to make calls out with it but it never shows anything incoming. We do have it set up so that the telephone line connects into our office phone and then we wired that phone into the SoundStation. 

Now you state:

Whenever I hit the send/receive button on the SoundStation it just gave me a loud buzzing noise in return.

The above tells us that the office phone is using a digital line and the next step would be to contact who set up the office phone so they can check why the analog line provided by the phone no longer allows inbound calls.

This is not a Poly issue and we cannot troubleshoot this either. As you have not yet provided details of the make and model of the office phone other community users cannot help you either.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Correct. The only way that the SoundStation seems to have any function is with the office phone in the mix. With your comment about the phone make/model, I went over to that building this morning and looked for these properties. The office phone is a Samsung Falcon IDCS 18D which turns out to be a digital phone as you stated. I'm not sure what's going on with our phone service telling us its an analog signal heading in but I'm sure that we are going to need to do some research. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me troubleshoot this!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.