Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am using Skype for Business Online with a Polycom VVX 410. I provision all of my phones with a 000000000000.cfg pointing to a shared.cfg file containing the following.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<LYNC>
  <device device.set="1" device.baseProfile.set="1" device.baseProfile="Lync" />
  <device.auth device.auth.localAdminPassword="456">
    <device.auth.localAdminPassword device.auth.localAdminPassword.set="1"></device.auth.localAdminPassword>
  </device.auth>
  <device.sntp device.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600" device.sntp.gmtOffsetcityID="10" device.sntp.serverName="pool.ntp.org">
    <device.sntp.gmtOffset device.sntp.gmtOffset.set="1"></device.sntp.gmtOffset>
    <device.sntp.gmtOffsetcityID device.sntp.gmtOffsetcityID.set="1"></device.sntp.gmtOffsetcityID>
    <device.sntp.serverName device.sntp.serverName.set="1"></device.sntp.serverName>
  </device.sntp>
  <line feature.flexibleLineKey.enable="1" up.regOnPhone="1"/>
  <config httpd.cfg.enabled="1" httpd.cfg.secureTunnelRequired="1" httpd.enabled="1" btoe.pairingMode="Manual" tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600" tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffsetcityID="10" />
</LYNC>

As you can see the flexibleLineKey feature is enabled. As well as the expansion module feature.

<line feature.flexibleLineKey.enable="1" up.regOnPhone="1"/>

When I attempt to use this feature on the phone, it is not listed in the menu specified in the documentation (Settings -> Basic ). It is instead listed under Settings -> Features.

Additionally, if the below is enabled and the phone does not have an expansion module attached, the flexibleLineKey does not work at all. I am only presented with a single line with no blank line keys to chose from.

up.regOnPhone="1"

This is rather undesirable as I do not like to have more than one configuration file for my entire fleet of phones. Is this intended behavior?

Additionally, what is the sync interval between my provisioning server and the CSV file uploaded when using the flexibleLineKey feature? It does not seem to save and upload immediately when changes are made.

Any insight would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @SuperT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Yes for all these its working as designed.

The menu's can change so I updated this detail in the FAQ post => here <=.

The same is applicable if you do not have an expansion module when using 

<line up.regOnPhone="1"/>

the phone does not expect anything else on the Main phone apart from a line.

You could use substitution if using different phones models as shown => here <=

The CSV file is uploaded to the server on every reboot and loaded once the phone boots up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @SuperT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Yes for all these its working as designed.

The menu's can change so I updated this detail in the FAQ post => here <=.

The same is applicable if you do not have an expansion module when using 

<line up.regOnPhone="1"/>

the phone does not expect anything else on the Main phone apart from a line.

You could use substitution if using different phones models as shown => here <=

The CSV file is uploaded to the server on every reboot and loaded once the phone boots up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.