Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

This setting seems have been released on Trio 8800 since v5.4.0.

According to the guide:

0 (default) - Other devices can always discover this device over Bluetooth.
0 - 3600 seconds Set the time in seconds after which other devices can discover this device over Bluetooth.

I currently have v5.5.3.3517 but it seems not working correctly using the provisioning server templates:

No matter if I set the value to 0,120,300 and 3600 the phone will boot and configure to 3600

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @LuisR,

A local value always has a higher precedence as a configuration supplied value.

Are you stating that this is set to 120 when you actually enable the feature?

I suggest getting this into support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @LuisR,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Maybe the configuration you are using is incorrect?

Did you check the logs after you added this?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

"Maybe the configuration you are using is incorrect?"

A: How do I know that the configuration is incorrect?

Did you check the logs after you added this?

A: what is the exact log and the level that should be enable to track the assignment of the parameter?

HP Recommended

Hello @LuisR,

you could as an example simply attach the configuration you assume the phone is loading.

In addition simply attach the logs.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Oct 11, 2011 Question: How can I troubleshoot configuration Issues via Log Files or the phone GUI?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Here the attached files from the phone export configuration:

- Export_config_files.cfg

The phone receives the right setting from the Provisioning Server: bluetooth.discoverableTimeout="120"

- Export_phone_local.cfg: the phone as a local value for bluetooth.discoverableTimeout="300"

The local value (300sec=5min) is what I see I see on the phone screen when I enable BT discovery

HP Recommended

Hello @LuisR,

A local value always has a higher precedence as a configuration supplied value.

Are you stating that this is set to 120 when you actually enable the feature?

I suggest getting this into support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We wanted to prevent people to choose the option 'visible to all nearby BT devices'
(in smaller rooms some people accidentally pair with the Trio on the next room)

We assumed that as the parameter was available as provisioning setting it would override any local one.

Thanks for the information

HP Recommended

Hello @LuisR,

I quickly played with this today and can verify that if I provide this via a configuration on the initial provisioning I see in a backup:

<CONFIG_FILES
		bluetooth.discoverableTimeout="120"
		bluetooth.radioOn="1"
	/>
	<PHONE_LOCAL
		httpd.cfg.enabled="1"
		httpd.cfg.secureTunnelRequired="0"
		httpd.enabled="1"
	/>

When users actually pair with the phone they can access the Visibility timeout

Any change there will obviously overwrite the provisioned time.

Any change there would require a feature request.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yes, That was the behaviour that I was trying to overcome if someone 'accidentally' turn the discovery permantly.

I provisioned phones throw RPRM with the setting 2 minutes, but turns out that if a user manually set to another value, it keeps the last one and ignores the central one even after a reboot.

Can you imagine a VIP meeting running and some guy next door deciding to investigate what was that bluetooth device that his mobile discovered?

HP Recommended

Hello @LuisR,

I made the product management team aware of this post so lets see what they come back with.

In addition if you have a Polycom sales engineer raise this with them in addition.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.