Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've reviewed the documentation on the support page and all of the settings on my CCX 500 phone.  However, I do not see where I can enable and join a wifi network.  I have the Obihai OBiWiFi5G adapter plugged into the USB port of the phone.

• Software Version: 5.9.12.1122
  • Phone Model: Poly CCX 500
  • Platform: Microsoft Teams
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @Townshend ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

To my own personal knowledge, this is not yet supported. Please see the Admin Guide >here<

• Note: Wi-Fi is not supported on CCX 400 and CCX 500 phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I noticed that on the Admin guide as well, however, I wasn't sure to interpret that as the functionality isn't built into the phones.

If it's not capable then this goes against the product page for these phones which specifically states it is optional via USB accessory.

https://www.polycom.com/voice-conferencing-solutions/desktop-ip-phones/ccx-phones.html

HP Recommended

Hello @Townshend ,

yes, I believe a later version of the software will add this. I am communicating with product management on this.

If you are unsure work with your Poly reseller so we can get an official reply.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Is there any update as to when WiFi will be available for CCX 400?

HP Recommended

When will the CX500 support a USB-A wi-fi adapter?  As previously mentioned in this thread it was listed as a day one feature in the product description.  There was no * Asterisk that sid "One Day Maby!"

HP Recommended

Hello david@crosswaypa.org  and @Marlin43 

I suggest if you can work with a Poly reseller and/or Poly Sales on this. The internal reference is SEFR-134

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi @Steffen:

Any update on WiFi for the 500?  A lot of literature suggests it's supported, but suggesting and actually are not the same.  

I too bought the USB adapter - and there's no option with Firmware 7.0.3.0228

Thanks for any update you can provide.  

HP Recommended

Hello @Adam_in_DC ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

At present this is not built-in and I can only advise checking my prior replies.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Is WiFi being supported on the CCX phones yet?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.