Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi I have a number of VVX410 handsets that I have configured in Skype for business mode connecting to our teams tennant, and they are dropping calls after 10 seconds (approx)

I have raised a call with Microsoft as i thought it might be related to a recent issue with Poly phones, but the Microsoft support rep confirmed that issue is not impacting our tenant

The handset has the following software details

Phone Information
Phone ModelVVX 410
Part Number3111-46162-001 Rev:A
MAC Address64:16:7F:92:8C:57
IP ModeIPv4
IP AddressHIDDENBYME
UC Software Version5.9.0.9373
Updater Version5.9.7.11143
20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hello @MarkJohnson 

Welcome to the Poly community.

Checking the MAC address provided the phone does not automatically have a Skype for Business license as this is a 2200-46162-025 part number and not one ending in 018 or 019

Please see the below:

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Poly UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Microsoft Skype for Business / Teams 3PIP Gateway environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Microsoft Skype for Business/Teams 3PIP Gateway environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Poly. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against Microsoft Skype for Business Server/Teams 3PIP Gateway for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Poly reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards to License Part Numbers can be found here

Stating the above makes you aware that for this and all other phones of the same type the additional license is required prior to using the phone with Skype for Business.

To answer your actual question, did this phone work prior to mid-August / End of August and what kind of call scenario is this issue found?

If yes, then let me ensure you that our phone does not suddenly decide it no longer wants to work with Skype for Business if it has done so prior to this for days, months or years.

Only a change in your network or a change on the Microsoft end (I am aware of TM427349) and I am aware that our Partner Microsoft is working with other customers due a change on their end.

If no, we would need more than the logs snippet you provided. Please download and import the attached file. Please remove the .txt ending and do the following:

Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

- Diagnostics > View & Download Logs > Clear
Replicate the issue
- Diagnostics > Log File Type > App > Export
- Diagnostics > View & Download Logs > Log File Type > Boot > Export
- Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

Provide proof of the Skype for Business license for all follow up replies.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

While I could supply more logs and data on the issue, I am unable to provide the evidence of the skype licence, as the phone was bought several years ago as part of a site aquasition. I will get logs from another device, we have been seeing the same issue on other handsets including CCX400's.

HP Recommended

Hello ,

I would not brush away the lack of licenses so easily. Please ensure the required licenses are purchased for the phones in use.

In reply to my original answer, you have not answered the question asked.

Is this a day 1 issue or has this only recently started?

If recently please work with your network team to verify if any network changes have occurred around that time.

If this is not the case please work with our partner Microsoft as you are using their Platform with their 3PIP certified Poly phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am going to deal with the lack of licences seperatly, but that is a seperate issue which you have just made me aware of and not the issue I am trying to solve right now. I am likley going to decomission those phones without licences and replace them with ones with licences.

In relation to the topic at hand, it was not a problem from day one but one that has started to occur in the last few weeks. I am the network team and am looking at the trafic on those sites and not seeing anything unusal, we have a number of sites that have a standard network topology in all of them. On one of the locations I have one vvx410 with this problem, and another that does not have this problem, both phones are on the same VLAN and are on same versions of software.

I am also working with Microsoft and as stated in my original post, they said that the issue with 3PIP phones in their view does not impact our tenant, and reccomended we reach out to Polycom, hence this post I raised.

At the moment this feedback has not helped me, I now know I have some licence issues that I will deal with, but I am non-the-wiser why some of my handsets are dropping calls, as you are sugesting I work with Microsoft, and Microsoft are sugesting I work with Polycom.

HP Recommended

Hello @MarkJohnson ,

I am unsure how a company like Microsoft or any other software company would react if a client was using their product potentially without a valid license(s).

Back to the original issue, if you approach this from a logical point of view:

• We assume nothing has changed in the programming of the VVX phone(s}
  • Based on your feedback nothing has changed in your network.

The only change "can" be with the Partner aka Microsoft in their Teams set up.

My original reply already provided you with the relevant logging you can supply to Microsoft from both a working VVX and a non-working VVX and they can contact us at Poly if they deem the phone to have an issue.

EDIT: In regards to the license my original reply contains a link to the relevant part number enabling you to simply purchase these for the number of phones in question. No need to replace any hardware.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Our company is experiencing the same issue with our VVX 4nn's! Nothing has changed with our phones or our network. A couple weeks ago all of these complaints started coming in about calls dropping within 30 seconds. I too have worked with MS, providing call samples, etc, and they told me it's because the users are in Teams-only mode. Because these phone operate on SfB, users should be on some sort of coexistence mode.  But we have operated on Teams-only mode for over a year now, so that doesn't explain anything.  This HAS to be the result of some change made on Microsoft end.

HP Recommended

Yeah, it's started happening to us too, and I am certain it is an issue on Microsoft's end. I may open a ticket with them, but I expect it will be more productive to accelerate our adoption of the Teams SIP Gateway.

In case you aren't aware, Microsoft's 3PIP gateway will be turned off on July 31, 2023, so you will need to move your 3PIP devices to the Teams SIP Gateway by then anyhow. For your Poly devices, you can follow Poly's guidance here: Using compatible Poly IP phones to sign into Microsoft Teams SIP Gateway. However, I recommend using the Assisted Provisioning feature in Poly Lens since that will allow you to automate the manual setup required after the mandatory device reset (i.e. setting a new device password and accepting the Poly EULA) as well as the Teams SIP Gateway enrollment.

HP Recommended

Update: a Microsoft Tech Community blog post about the upcoming decommissioning of the 3PIP Gateway has been published.

Upgrade Skype for Business Online (3PIP) phones to Microsoft Teams using SIP Gateway - Microsoft Tec...

HP Recommended

Is anyone else still seeing the call dropping issue with the 3PIP gateway today? I'm trying to reproduce it for MS Support but not having any success.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.