Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All.

We are running quite a few VVX phones on 5.6.0.17325 and some on 5.7.1.2205.  We are seeing when phones reboot on our LLDP disabled routers they seem to ask for option 128 half of the time and get put into the correct VLAN.  The other half of the time we do not see the phone request option 128 and they end up in the wrong VLAN.  

We are running Meraki MX65 routers with DHCP option on our VLAN 44 DHCP options 
Custom 128 text VLAN-A=42;

Vlan 42 is our Voice vlan

Vlan 44 is our Data Vlan

Like I said half the time the phone gets a VLAN 42 address and everything is GREAT the other half they get a VLAN 44 and then they dont communicate to our Realpresence reasource manager and then life is terrible.

Any help is appreceated.  thanks you!!!

I should also mention that VVX phones tat are plugged into our managed switched which support LLDP work great every time,  but I am being told that the Meraki MX65 does not suport Voice LLDP... Sigh Cisco......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Dan Meeder,

INGRAM MICRO CANADA sold this unit back in 17/02/2016 so it is out of warranty if they open a case with us and you will need to purchase PPI / Pay Per Incident.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Dan Meeder,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We would need to see some logs so we could understand what is going on but this is support territory so we cannot do this via the community.

In addition we would need a wireshark trace with VLAN tags intact so please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

here is one of the phones in our org  if you can tell me who to contact that would be great 

0004f26f14b7

HP Recommended

Hello @Dan Meeder,

INGRAM MICRO CANADA sold this unit back in 17/02/2016 so it is out of warranty if they open a case with us and you will need to purchase PPI / Pay Per Incident.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

IN Case anyone in the comunity wanted to help here is the different in a good and bad wireshark capture

First boot on initial DHCP discover

Option requested

but option 55 only had 

Now for the good 

DHCP First discovery packet 

BUT 55 had

so why would the phone randomly not request 191,157,144,128 in the option 55 request....

HP Recommended

Hello @Dan Meeder,

from the VLAN FAQ:

Note: If CDP or LLDP is active on a Switchport the DHCP VLAN discovery will not be used!

As I have neither seen any logs / traces I am unable to comment.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

here are the captures

HP Recommended

Hello @Dan Meeder,

In my role as a Tier 3 support engineer I cannot provide free support to the community.

You need to escalate this as explained originally and provide the following:

• A configuration Backup
    Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

• A log from when this happens
    Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Debug
    Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > 1000
    Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > DHCP Client > Event 1
    Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > LLDP > Debug
    Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > CDP > Debug

In addition an explanation if this only happens on a cold or warm boot aka a reboot or any other circumstances.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.