Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello aallston@screenvisionmedia.com,

I had to edit the original post as this is an unpublished parameter. Microsoft needs to update their whitelist to include the UC Software 5.9.0

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you everyone. So i assume once MS updates their side this unpublished param will no longer be nessisary? Thanks agian.

HP Recommended

Is there any idea when this change will be done at Microsoft so that other Polycom customers don't run into the same issue? 

Thanks

Scott

HP Recommended

Why was this update released publically before Microsoft made a change to allow the new user agent string? And, why remove the "unpublished" configuration item from this thread that can solve the issue for your user community? That makes no sense.

When will this be fixed?

HP Recommended

Hello @nrempe,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure how this happened or where the actual problem lies. We provide the software for free to our customers and somehow this seems to have not been fully coordinated.

I cannot share the parameter to work around this within the public community and will update this post once this has been resolved.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I asume its not their fault, but this is all pretty unbelievable. This issue has been causing my company huge problems ...big time-waster.

Please remind me not to buy anymore Polycom products.  Nothing but headaches.

HP Recommended

If you don't mind me asking, what features are new in 5.9.0 that you need to use? 

We are running 5.8.2 across all of my 650 phones, and this thread was starting just because I pulled down 5.9.0 to check it out. 

I am sure that it'll be resolved after the holiday season. 

HP Recommended

I received word back through my Polycom SE, the VVX product manager had mentioned that 5.9 has yet to be certified by Microsoft. 

As mentioned in my earlier post, I am sure that after the holidays are over this issue will be sorted out. 

HP Recommended

Hello @nrempe and all,

Our Partner Microsoft certifies via their 3PIP program various versions of Polycom software and hardware.

These are normally the X.Y.Z versions aka major releases which are usually documented on Microsoft's website and hosted on our page => here <=.

Polycom itself supports the follow up X.Y.Z versions for our customer base which is hosted under the individual phone model support pages.

Polycom will support our software as long as you are either using the correct SKU and/or have the relevant licenses in place and are within your warranty period or have some sort of service / maintenance contract in place.

As outlined by @SR_MCSE this process is ongoing with our Partner Microsoft and only affects users on Skype for Business online.

The workaround can be issued via opening a service ticket as long as the above mandatory requirements are fulfilled.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.