Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are facing an issue with our VVX 500 units where contacts that are added to the Skype for Business favorites list, cannot be "quick dialled" on the Polycom consoles. This occurs where an contact external to the company is added to the Skype for Business favorites list. Tapping on the contact on the VVX 500 attempts to dial the email addess (I presume it's treating it as a SIP address). We need to be able to set the phone number for the contact as the default "number" so the phone automatically dials it when tapping on the contact

We have had to raise a ticket with Polycom support (SR 1-01271935) but they've come back saying this is not possible. They've suggested creating XML files for each of the phones, but these phones are deployed to our executives who expect to be able just add their existing contacts to their favorites list and easily dial them by just tapping on them (which is an entirely reasonable expectation). How has Polycom ignored this? This has essentially made these phones useless to our executives in some cases. I'll be strongly advising the company against buying Polycom devices in future with these sorts of issues. Polycom support has been very unhelpful in providing any reasoning behind this.

Has anyone come across this and have some sort of suitable workaround?

Phone info:

VVX500

Version: 5.4.4.3041

Updator: 5.6.4.2511

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Frosty_NZ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I cannot find this SR as it may be missing a few digits. Could you check this?

In addition we have a Parameter:

call.urlNumberModeToggling

The above "should" remove the URL part and simply dial the number. I do believe I have a similar ticket in EMEA but I suggest you make my counterpart in APAC aware of this post and Parameter.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

The other reference number provided for support was: SR# 1-3624325067

I've added this line to the override file on one of the VVXs and set to "0", updated configuration and rebooted, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference unfortunatly. I presume it needs to be set to 0?

HP Recommended

Hello Frosty_NZ,

I am liaising with my counterpart in your region but as mentioned I assume there may be a bug in later firmware versions as I had customers using this before and it worked by dialing the number only instead of a URL.

The team in your region should keep you updated.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Did this issue get ressolved? 

Our support channels have suggested the same command,however we're not able to get an external contact, once added to SfB favorites to dial the number of the contact from a VVX phone. 

UC Software Version 5.5.1.11526 Updater Version 5.7.1.13261

Scott

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.