Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @chrishall1179,

If you have proof of the separate License(s) via a purchase order or similar provide these details when opening a service ticket via your reseller.

There is no physical license applied to the phone and you would have received an Email containing the details for each separate license purchased.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

yes but you said the phone model came back as having no licence. how do i make the change so when you check it shows licenced. we currently have 40 plus phones that are unusable and this is no help

HP Recommended

Hello @chrishall1179,

At the point where your reseller opens a ticket with Polycom support they can provide prove of the separate License for the non Skype for Business phones.

This will allow our support agents to open this for you and we can work and identify your issue and fix this either via a configuration change or a software fix or a correction within your Microsoft setup.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

License issues aside, from the description it sounds like they are reaching out nightly and re-provisioning.

Logs are a bit incomplete but it looks like they may be connecting to a third party provisioning service:

0830101438|copy |*|00|Server 'provision-nimans.forgeserve.com' said 'provision/languages/Website_dictionary_language_en-gb.xml' is not present

Can a boot log and config file be attached (Utilities -> Import & Export Config...)?

Are these refurbished or used?

Is your DHCP server option 160/161 pointing them anywhere?

If they are factory defaulted do they do the same thing?

HP Recommended

i have now licenced this phone through Nimans 

please support me on this issue

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello @chrishall1179,

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Hello @chrishall1179

now that you clarified the issue and finally are using the correct license please follow this up with Nimans.

They can raise a ticket for you with Polycom and support you.

We cannot do this via the medium of a community forum

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

you said i needed a licence and i got one?

you also said with a licence you would support me.

now youre saying no?

HP Recommended

Hello @chrishall1179,

you require the license to legally use a Polycom phone with Skype for Business. The model of phone purchased by your organisation was lacking this.

In my 2nd post I already outlined that we do not support End Customers directly.

We especially cannot do this via the medium of a community forum as we need usernames / passwords and personal data.

As explained multiple times please work with your reseller. The quicker you do this the sooner we can work this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

This has now been fixed 

they found a bug in your firmware if you have 

feature.wpad.enabled="1" and dont use WPAD then the phones fail to authenticate and eventually robbot and signout 

setting 

feature.wpad.enabled="0" disables this feature and stops sign out 

this also fixed the issue of the phones not saving the new admin password 

they now no longer revert to 456 every day

HP Recommended

Hello @chrishall1179,

thanks for following this up and providing the solution to the community.

Do you have by any chance the Polycom Ticket reference so I can close the circle?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.