Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am having the dickens of a time trying to connect my VVX 500 to Skype for Business Online.

I have set the Provisioning server and settings according the MS Support's direction, and upgraded it first to 5.4.0A.10182 then to 5.5.0.20556. In both cases, skype for business sign in fails after a VERY long time trying. I worked at length with MS support until they basically said to work with Polycom support, and also to obtain the SIP logs, which I still don't know how to do.(help there would be appreciated). I called Polycom support and while friendly, they were only allowed to do hardware support for me and couldn't go past a couple suggestions which didn't end up helping. Then I was steered here to you guys. Hoping we can sort this out.

Pertinent Info:

Server type set to HTTPS

Server: sipdir.online.lync.com:443 (have also tried removing :443 without success)

User: office 365 username

Password: office 365 password

the rest of the settings under Provisioning server are set to default.

Under Simple Setup, base profile is set to Skype for Business.

Interesting issues, might be problems:

1. under Simple Setup,  SIP server and Outbound Proxy still show my previous provider server addresses, but it is my understanding I dont' need to change that, and once this phone connects with the skype for business servers those will change automatically.

2. With out previous provider we have a DHCP server setting under SCOPE options that sets option 66 to point at the previous providers server. MS support didn't seem concerned about this, but just in case I set up a reservation in DHCP for my phone and changed that setting to blank for my phone... not sure if that helps or hinders or doesn't do anything. Under Settings - Provisioning Server - DHCP Server - Boot server is set to Custom+Opt66, Boot Server Option set to 160, Boot Server Type set to String

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Lonnie S,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A few things:

1. Factory reset the Phone as any old settings will matter and just confuse things

2. Purchase a LYNC / Skype for business license for your Phone as you need this as explained => here <=

3. Downgrade the phone to UC Software 5.4.5 as explained:

Jun 15, 2016 Question:Can I use UC Software 5.5.0 for Lync or Skype for Business deployments?

Resolution:UC Software 5.5.0 has not been qualified by Microsoft to use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments. Polycom will not support UC Software 5.5.0 use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments.

4. Set the phone into LYNC Base profile as explained => here <=

5. RE-enable the Web Interface as explained => here <=

6. Sign into Office 365 as shown => here <=

If the above still does not work please post your MAC Address.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Lonnie S,

A few things:

1. Factory reset the Phone as any old settings will matter and just confuse things

2. Purchase a LYNC / Skype for business license for your Phone as you need this as explained => here <=

3. Downgrade the phone to UC Software 5.4.5 as explained:

Jun 15, 2016 Question:Can I use UC Software 5.5.0 for Lync or Skype for Business deployments?

Resolution:UC Software 5.5.0 has not been qualified by Microsoft to use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments. Polycom will not support UC Software 5.5.0 use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments.

4. Set the phone into LYNC Base profile as explained => here <=

5. RE-enable the Web Interface as explained => here <=

6. Sign into Office 365 as shown => here <=

If the above still does not work please post your MAC Address.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Guys, Is F\W 5.4.5 still the only supported firmware for Online deployments?

HP Recommended

Hello Fraser76,

Our Partner tested UC Software 5.5.1 and we passed that qualification and just released UC Software 5.5.2

The currently latest UC Software in the 5.4.x range is 5.4.6

Any tickets opened with Polycom support should at least use the currenlty latest version.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thnaks Steffen,

I'm still not clear on which version has been qualified for Skype for Business Online. Please could you clarify?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello Fraser76,

We officially passed Microsofts certification for UC Software 5.5.2 yesterday and that should reflect on their web page soon.

If you require any support from Polycom the Phone should run either 5.5.2 or 5.4.6

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.