Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Current software version :

Trying to upgrade to 5.9.5.0614

Have checked time / date / network ports / reset to factory. 

Logs for phone show:

0820135101|cfg |*|00|RT|Changed prov general
0820135101|cfg |*|00|Prov|Starting to provision
0820135101|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed
0820135101|cfg |4|00|Prov|Download of master configuration file failed
0820135101|cfg |4|00|Prov|Trying to boot from existing configuration
0820135101|cfg |4|00|Prov|Update configuration failed
0820135101|cfg |*|00|Prm|Not proceeding with reboot/restart, as device parameters needs to be updated, before making a decision
0820135101|cfg |4|00|Prov|Not setting device parameters since configuration was not updated.
0820135101|clist|4|00|dbSet::ioRequest:dir=<0> m_status=<true> src=<0004f28178b4-directory.xml> dst=</ffs0/user/0004f28178b4/0004f28178b4-directory.xml> m_sync=<0x10>
0820135101|cfg |*|00|Prov|Finished updating configuration
0820135111|cfg |*|00|RT|Changed prov general
0820135111|cfg |*|00|Prov|Starting to provision
0820135111|cfg |*|00|Prov|Starting to update
0820135112|cfg |*|00|Prov|Starting to update
0820135112|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed
0820135112|cfg |4|00|Prov|Download of master configuration file failed
0820135112|cfg |4|00|Prov|Trying to boot from existing configuration
0820135112|cfg |4|00|Prov|Update configuration failed
0820135112|cfg |*|00|Prm|Not proceeding with reboot/restart, as device parameters needs to be updated, before making a decision
0820135112|cfg |4|00|Prov|Not setting device parameters since configuration was not updated.
0820135112|clist|4|00|dbSet::ioRequest:dir=<0> m_status=<true> src=<0004f28178b4-directory.xml> dst=</ffs0/user/0004f28178b4/0004f28178b4-directory.xml> m_sync=<0x10>
0820135112|cfg |*|00|Prov|Finished updating configuration
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Irishmul ,

there seems to be an issue with our hosting platform today. Can you clear the upgrade server on the phone and use the Provisioning server instead?

Please use http://140.242.64.35/595

Use Option 2 from >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Irishmul ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

A good starting point is to provide some basic information on how you are actually trying to upgrade the phone.

The "normal" VoIP FAQ sections contain:

May 11, 2018 Question: Why do I get a "Failed to fetch available software from the Poly hosted server" error message or able to download list but unable to upgrade/downgrade?

Resolution: Please ensure your firewall allows outbound network traffic as shown  => here <=

The above has some logging suggestions to further troubleshoot this.

Please reply with some details what and how you are doing this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for response. 

Confirmed that network ports are open. 

I'm am upgrading phone via web interface

Choose the 5.9.5.115126 as version I want to install but phone does not start download / upgrade process. have check time / date all ok. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Irishmul ,

As you have not posted any logs we volunteers have nothing to look at.

The FAQ contains instructions you can follow.

If this fails please open a support ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Log files attached

HP Recommended

Hello @Irishmul ,

You did not change the relevant logging as advised so nothing can be seen in the logs. 

Please change the logs and then compare them to the example and verify this. If this still fails contact our support team.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Apologies Steffen  should have RTFM'ed. Here's the logs. 

Can see phone can connect to downloads.polycom.com

it's the download of the sip.id file thats failing

HP Recommended

Hello @Irishmul ,

there seems to be an issue with our hosting platform today. Can you clear the upgrade server on the phone and use the Provisioning server instead?

Please use http://140.242.64.35/595

Use Option 2 from >here<

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Steffen

That worked - many thanks for all your support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.