Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have some VVX 411 phones with software version 5.5.0.20556. Our infrastructure is composed by a local Skype for Business 2015 server and an Online Exchang server with Office 365 (UC enabled).

I would like to see the name of the PSTN callers on the VVX phones screen. Now only the number is shown. The contacts exists on the Outlook contacts and I can see the caller name on the Skype for Business client and mobile phone but on the VVX 411 only the number is displayed.

In the logs I have some errors regarding contacts sync : 

1031143910|ec   |4|00|Received token data of length '1559' for type '2' from app
1031143910|ec   |4|00|Starting exchange services using URL 'https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx'
1031143910|ec   |4|00|Received token data in calendar with length '1559' and type is '2'
1031143910|ec   |4|00|Calendar: Subscription read success
1031143911|ec   |4|00|'vvm' Subscription read success
1031143911|ec   |4|00|'calllogs' Subscription read success
1031143912|ec   |4|00|Calendar subscription state '1' Watermark state '1' Response code 'NoError'
1031143912|ec   |4|00|Calendar: Subscription save success
1031143914|ec   |4|00|Failed to create contacts table 'contacts'
1031143914|ec   |4|00|Failed to create contacts table '{a9e2bc46-b3a0-4243-b315-60d991004455}'
1031143914|ec   |4|00|Failed to create contacts table 'contactsskypeentreprise'
1031143914|ec   |4|00|Failed to create contacts table 'contactsskype'
1031143914|ec   |4|00|Failed to create contacts table 'externalcontacts'
1031143914|ec   |4|00|Failed to create contacts table 'suggestedcontacts'
1031143916|ec   |4|00|UM service is 1 and play on phone service is 1
1031143917|ec   |4|00|Missed call notification status is 'true'
1031143921|ec   |4|00|'calllogs' service conversation history folder id exist '1'.
1031143923|ec   |4|00|'vvm' service Subscription state '1' Watermark state '1' Response code 'NoError'
1031143923|ec   |4|00|'vvm' Subscription save success
1031143924|ec   |4|00|'calllogs' service missed call folder id exist '1'.

The Exchange Client configuration seems to be fine

EWS Information  EWS deployed  
Configured Exchange URL    
EWS Internal URL  https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx  
EWS External URL  https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx  
Exchange Calendar  Synchronized  
Exchange Call logs    
Exchange Voicemail    
Exchange Outlook Contacts  Available  

When I access the contacts on the VVX the adress book is empty. 

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Gabriel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Gabriel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 15, 2016 Question:Can I use UC Software 5.5.0 for Lync or Skype for Business deployments?

Resolution:UC Software 5.5.0 has not been qualified by Microsoft to use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments. Polycom will not support UC Software 5.5.0 use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments.

and in addition

Jul 07, 2015 Question:Does a Polycom VVX Business Media Phone in LYNC base profile support Reverse Name Lookup (RNL)?

Resolution: The Polycom VVX Business Media Phone in LYNC base, unlike the optimized for LYNC CX Phones, currently do not support this feature

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello Gabriel,

The community's FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 15, 2016 Question:Can I use UC Software 5.5.0 for Lync or Skype for Business deployments?

Resolution:UC Software 5.5.0 has not been qualified by Microsoft to use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments. Polycom will not support UC Software 5.5.0 use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments.

and in addition

Jul 07, 2015 Question:Does a Polycom VVX Business Media Phone in LYNC base profile support Reverse Name Lookup (RNL)?

Resolution: The Polycom VVX Business Media Phone in LYNC base, unlike the optimized for LYNC CX Phones, currently do not support this feature

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

I hope the RNL will be supported soon. I will ask my reseller.

Thanks for the information

Best regards

Gabriel

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same issue on 5.5.1, and I guess it will be supported at some point:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3211755/new-features-in-the-firmware-update-for-polycom-vvx...

so it is only a matter of waiting for the issue to go away by itself ?

thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello mlh,

The current release of UC Software 5.5.1 is fully supported. 

What is your issue?

Could you kindly provide some details if this is on Premise or Off premise aka O365?

Maybe post some logs?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

it's an O365 setup. I'd feel more comfortable submitting logs & configs on a private medium (no https anywhere on Polycom sites?!). I tried to submit a support incident but it seems we need to go through our VAR to get some software support... Let me know how do you want to proceed.

thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello mlh,

I can only support you within a certain limit with this community. If you do not like posting logs you need to go via the reseller.

Please post a MAC address so I can identify them.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I tried to sanitize the log, most settings are default for an Office365 integration.

Skype status for Exchange:

EWS Information 	EWS deployed
Email 	x@x
Configured Exchange URL 	
EWS Internal URL 	https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx
EWS External URL 	https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx
Exchange Calendar 	Synchronized
Exchange Call logs 	Synchronized
Exchange Voicemail 	Synchronized
Exchange Outlook Contacts 	Available
Unified Messaging Status 	Available
Play-on-Phone Status 	Available
Server Missed Call Status 	Disabled

thanks !

HP Recommended

I'm testing a VVX600 running 5.5.1.12442 with office 365 E5, I have the same issue. No revese lookup or ability to access Exchange contacts from handset.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

“The issue regarding Continuously synchronizing contact with Microsoft.com tenant has been identified and a solution will be available in the next maintenance release.”

We are currently working on this and I will keep you updated.

piers@ets.biz

I am unsure if you mean reverse lookup for an incoming call aka RNL as this is not yet supported

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.