Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I am currently experiencing an issue with my VVX 400 phone, which is trying to connect to the Front End (FE) server instead of the Edge server [https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/c/servers-storage/servers/edge]. This is causing issues with call quality and reliability, as the FE server is not designed to handle external connections.

As you may know, the VVX 400 phone is designed to connect to an Edge server, which then routes the call to the appropriate FE server. However, in my case, the phone is attempting to connect directly to the FE server, which is causing issues with call quality and reliability.

I have checked the configuration settings on the phone and verified that the correct Edge server is configured. I have also checked the configuration settings on the Edge server and verified that they are correct. However, the phone continues to attempt to connect to the FE server.

I would appreciate any advice or recommendations from the community on how to resolve this issue. What could be causing the phone to attempt to connect directly to the FE server? Are there any specific configuration settings or troubleshooting steps that I should be using to resolve this issue? How can I ensure that the phone is properly configured to connect to the Edge server and route calls to the appropriate FE server?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @judywatson ,

Your post ended up in the Spam Filter so it was moved here.

To release this one of us volunteers has to check this as this is an automatic process of the community software used to host this board. There is no need to raise this as abuse as this is a manual job one of the volunteers has to do

Your post itself does not contain the minimum information outlined in the ReadMeFirst and. or you did not check the FAQ either.

Our phones follow the Microsoft 3PIP certification so everything you experience can most likely only be troubleshot by our Partner Microsoft.

I suggest you start here:

Jan 17, 2017 Question: How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams 3PIP gateway or Teams issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.