Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are in the process of testing Polycom VVM 300 with our Skype for business 2015 server. The IP phone successfully signs in with SfB enabled user, presense and contact search is working however the phone is unable to make calls either inside SfB not to regular internal extensions which are connected via IP BPX. From any other SfB clients (mobile, and full desktop) the same calls are working fine. According to wireshark log on the sfb servers it successfully receives SIP invites and forwards them to PBX but immidiately after the number is dialed the call drops with short beeps. The phone is fully patched with the latest (5.4.2.2834) firmware. there are following log entries int the phone log after any dropped call

0324165210|ec   |4|00|'vvm' service is not available
0324165240|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed
0324165240|cfg  |4|00|Web|[cfgSaProcessRequestC] Failed to download language file from provisioning server, request path Website_dictionary_language_ru-ru.xml
0324165240|utilm|4|00|uBLFCompressed: File /ffs0/languages/Website_dictionary_language_ru-ru.xml.zzz does not exist or is empty
0324165240|cfg  |4|00|Web|[cfgSaProcessRequestC] Website_dictionary_language_ru-ru.xml Language file doesn't exist in cache
0324165245|app1 |4|00|Event: Unrecognizable key - appKeyFunc = 327, scan code 0
0324165251|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Parameter voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding requested type 2 but is of type 0
0324165251|sip  |5|00|CUser::CallNew Call SubscribeDialogBla absent

which I believe are not really pointing to any problem...

Could you please help if possible?

Thank you in advacne!

Nikolay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Nev,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Based on your Email and Name I assume you are located in Russia.

I can only guess due the lack of complete logs but for Russia Polycom Phones do not support SRTP Encryption.

A official Russian VVX300 would be:

• 2200-46135-114 VVX 300 6-line Desktop Phone with with factory disabled media encryption for Russia. POE. Ships without power supply.

Can you check your Encryption Levels on your Skype for Business Server as for example explained => here <= ?

I am only guessing this but have dealt with such cases in the past.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Nev,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Based on your Email and Name I assume you are located in Russia.

I can only guess due the lack of complete logs but for Russia Polycom Phones do not support SRTP Encryption.

A official Russian VVX300 would be:

• 2200-46135-114 VVX 300 6-line Desktop Phone with with factory disabled media encryption for Russia. POE. Ships without power supply.

Can you check your Encryption Levels on your Skype for Business Server as for example explained => here <= ?

I am only guessing this but have dealt with such cases in the past.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Yes, I'm located in Moscow and the phone was officially bought here. Looks like changing encryption level in Skype from RequireEncryption to SupportEncryption encryption solved my problem 🙂 Calls are now working in both sides!

I'm extremely impressed with free Polycom community support.

Thank you so much and have a nice day!!

Nikolay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.