Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have recently purchased some Trio C60s to replace our Trio 8800s. As well as pure Skype clients we also use them as USB speakerphones for PCs in the rooms. These USB connections are run over Crestron USB extenders. The Trio 8800 and any other speakerphones work fine. The Trio C60 don't. The mic fades in and out making it unusable. Normal unextended USB cable is fine. We have tried updating firmware and also tried an Icron extender - but makes no difference. Call to support stated that running over USB extender is not supported . Anyone got any bright ideas ? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Sydney ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It would be helpful to specify the software version tried as days, months or years down the line nobody will know what you tested. 

You state you contacted support but usually End Users are unable to work with support directly and therefore get referred to here.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, Thanks for the reply . It doesn't really help with my issue but just to answer some of your points. I'm not sure what the firmware the phone came with but I tried updating to the latest available which was 7.0.2.1071. This was subsequently downgraded to our current standard of 7.0.0.4268. All had the same issue.

I contacted support as per https://support.polycom.com/content/support/contact-us.html . They took the serial number of one of the devices (64167FD70FA8) and did not tell me they could not speak to me directly. The link you shared for support options below does not work for me. Maybe in Australia there are different support arrangements ?

It would be pretty disappointing if the new Trios were a backward step from the old ones. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Sydney ,

I suggest you work with Dicker Data Ltd as our records show they are your Tier 1 support. They can open a Ticket on your behalf and we can get to the bottom of your issue.

It may be as simple as disabling a setting for noise suppression as this is new for C60 and the old 8800/8500 do not have this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I've just come across this issue myself which has led me to this forum - thought the Trio C60 would work but it appears not.

OP - did you find a solution to this?

Cheers,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.