Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am using UC 5.5.0 on a VVX600 and would like to know if it is possible to have the Skype users that have the status showing on the phone screen to stay there when I go off hook so I can press one of them to call.  I am not sure what the screen is called that shows the Skype users and their status. I tried up.OffHookLineView.enabled 1/0 and up.OffHook.IdleBrowswerView.enabled 1/0 and that doesn't seem to make a difference.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello RonR,

Again, just a reminder, UC Software 5.5.0 is not supported in LYNC Base Profile so I cannot answer some of the questions.

I can only recommend you to contact a Polycom Sales Engineer to be part of any Beta Testing for this software. I already explained this in similar words in my reply to yourself in your other post => here <=

UC Software 5.5.0 is classed as Beta and we do not discuss Beta Software in this community.

To get back to my original reply:

<polycom up.offHookAction.none="1" />

• The above Parameter does what it describes aka nothing when the Handset is lifted. The phone will show the exacts same view as with the handset placed on the phone. No Dialtone is played unless the line is selected
    In order to make a call simply start dialing digits or press one of the contacts

<test up.OffHookLineView.Enabled="1" />
  • In OpenSIP mode this parameter acts similar to the above but it does play the dialtone. This Parameter was only introduced in UC Software 5.4.4 and I am currently clarifying internally if this "should" work in LYNC base profile.

<test up.OffHookIdleBrowserView.enabled="1" />

• This Parameter was only added in UC Software 5.5.0 and as OpenSIP is the only supported platform for this parameter works as expected in OpenSIP

As waltersjoshua already replied simply pressing your Name when the handset is lifted will also bring you back to the line view.

Could you kindly go ahead and either use one of the working and supported solutions or if not feasible please go ahead and work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom Sales Engineer and request this as a feature request.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello RonR,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype FAQ and the Release notes contains this post / information here:

Jun 15, 2016 Question:Can I use UC Software 5.5.0 for Lync or Skype for Business deployments?

Resolution:UC Software 5.5.0 has not been qualified by Microsoft to use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments. Polycom will not support UC Software 5.5.0 use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments.

The Software you are currently using is unsupported for Skype / Lync

In regards to your question itself once a supported Version is used I can only recommend to always consult the FAQ's

Jan 22, 2014 Question: How can I prevent the phone from automatically accessing a line when the Handset is lifted?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Im not sure if it can be set as the default, however if you press your name in the upper left hand corner while the phone is off hook, it will expand and show your "favorite" contacts. That should accomplish what you are looking to do. 

HP Recommended

Joshua, this sounds close.  We want the phone to go off hook, but still show the Skype favorites.  if we could make pressing the name in the upper left hand corner the default when going off hook, we would be good.  Steffen, is that possible?

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

In regards to your question itself once a supported Version is used I can only recommend to always consult the FAQ's

Jan 22, 2014 Question: How can I prevent the phone from automatically accessing a line when the Handset is lifted?

HP Recommended

Stetffen, this is close, but not complete.  I want it to go off hook for dialtone while retaining the screen that is on before going offhook.  I thought some of the new features mentioned in 5.5 would allow this.

HP Recommended

Specifically I am looking at  up.OffHookLineView.Enabled  and up.OffHookIdleBrowserView.enabled.  I set each to 1 and 0 and the VVX600 phone doesn't seem to do anything differently.  I would think these settings would apply when the phone goes offhook.

HP Recommended

Hello RonR,

Again, just a reminder, UC Software 5.5.0 is not supported in LYNC Base Profile so I cannot answer some of the questions.

I can only recommend you to contact a Polycom Sales Engineer to be part of any Beta Testing for this software. I already explained this in similar words in my reply to yourself in your other post => here <=

UC Software 5.5.0 is classed as Beta and we do not discuss Beta Software in this community.

To get back to my original reply:

<polycom up.offHookAction.none="1" />

• The above Parameter does what it describes aka nothing when the Handset is lifted. The phone will show the exacts same view as with the handset placed on the phone. No Dialtone is played unless the line is selected
    In order to make a call simply start dialing digits or press one of the contacts

• In OpenSIP mode this parameter acts similar to the above but it does play the dialtone. This Parameter was only introduced in UC Software 5.4.4 and I am currently clarifying internally if this "should" work in LYNC base profile.

• This Parameter was only added in UC Software 5.5.0 and as OpenSIP is the only supported platform for this parameter works as expected in OpenSIP

As waltersjoshua already replied simply pressing your Name when the handset is lifted will also bring you back to the line view.

Could you kindly go ahead and either use one of the working and supported solutions or if not feasible please go ahead and work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom Sales Engineer and request this as a feature request.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions Steffen.  I really appreciate your responses to my questions. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello RonR,

the

and

are for OpenSIP only and not for LYNC / Skype for Business.

We will update our documentation accordingly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.