Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

As reported in my other thread Firmware updates for Poly phones were made available in Teams Administration Center.  CCX 400 update does not work at all i.e. it wont even install.  Trio update to 5.9.5.2831 appears to install, but then it would not login user nor can contact intune to finish setting up.  It just had a message on the top left saying No Internet.  But it in fact  was connected and I could login via web browser and also run ping tests.  I tried factor reset as well. Since it no longer is connected to Teams Admin, I wasn't even sure how to downgrade.  In poking around the web interface, I found an update option that checks Poly servers and it found 5.9.5.2686.  But it wouldn't update.  I had to switch from Teams profile to Generic profile and then it updated to 2686.  This version appears to work as it is supposed to and I can make calls.

We are just starting to deploy Teams Phone System with Poly phones. If this is how Poly and Microsoft pushes out firmware updates, we are in for a rough ride!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Sarat ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

These scenarios have been thoroughly tested both by Poly and our Partner Microsoft but some corner conditions could affect what you are seeing.

I believe if you try to upgrade via the TAC our own built-in software upgrade server most likely gets overruled and therefore what fails.

Switching to openSIP will disconnect the device from TAC and most likely this is why it succeeds. In order to verify this, we would need you to open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

There is a problem with the CCX400 version that Microsoft posted to the Teams update service causing upgrades to fail.  That version will be removed and a newer, fixed version will replace it later this month.  So the CCX400 needs to stay on the last 1.x firmware for the time being.  (The CCX 500/600 are unaffected and should be upgrading to 6.2.21 without issues.)

The released Trio build may exhibit the 'No Internet Access' message even when it's successfully signed in to Teams. This bug will be fixed in a newer Trio firmware also coming out this month.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update. Just to clarify, on Trio upgrade, the "no internet" message is present and the phone can not login to Teams.  It says can't connect to Company Portal (I guess Intune).  So, it is not that it is logged in and it's just a message, rather it is unable to login.

HP Recommended

Hello @Sarat ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.
We may need to refer this to Microsoft but to start this off please work with your reseller so this could come into our support organization.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We're experiencing the same issue, but found a different workaround.  Updated a Trio C60 (MS Teams base profile) with 5.9.5.2686, and received the 'no ethernet' message, yet device pulled an IP and we could login to the web interface.  Unfortunately, we could not login to Teams, and we do not use Intune with these, either.  I found that changing the Web Proxy mode to 'Auto' resolved the issue, although the Admin guide states that web proxy authentication is not supported for MS Teams, and expectedly, WPAD status failed.  We don't want these hitting out proxy either...  

We have over 120 C60s running 5.9.3.823 now, and they're great - no worries about proxies, etc.  I see that there should be a fix coming soon, but I thought I'd add our experience here as well, in case others are seeing the same thing.    

HP Recommended

Hi All,

We also facing the same error. After firmware upgrade the device not getting internet.

And not able to register in company portal.

We did factory reset many time already but still same issue.

Any advise.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello @Hem ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

As you have not shared any form of logs it is hard to advise and nothing to look at for us volunteers here. What Software Version are you using on the C60?

Have you yet contacted our Partner Microsoft that supplies the Teams Software application being used on the Poly C60? If yes what is their feedback?

The next step would be contacting your Poly reseller.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.