Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HI There

One of our clients just got a trio 8800

Phone Information 
Phone Model 
RealPresence Trio 8800 
Part Number 
3111-65290-001 Rev:A 
UC Software Version 
Updater Version 

We set the base profile to lync and try to login using their skype credentials see image in link(they have the basic/cheap version of skype for business )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jmtcld0bpznw9n/lync.PNG?dl=0

It tries to login for a few minutes than comes back with a message failed to login..  We set time server and phone displays the correct  time and date, (found that could be an issue in another thread)   I have remote access to the phone´s webinterface and downloaded the log file see the attached file.  Can anyone guide me to a working solution ?  We do manage their firewall as well so if there´s anything network related we should be able to fix that..

thanks in advance 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Stian,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Firstly your customer needs to purchase a license in order to use LYNC / Skype as explained => here <=

Secondly you should really update your Trio to the latest Version at present 5.4.3 AD

And thirdly lower the SIP and general Debug Level via:

• Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > To debug
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > SIP to Debug

1019153522|sip  |4|00|SSL_get_error Error code=5,rc(0)
1019153522|sip  |4|00|TLS Listen Thread Exit

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen 

Thanks for the quick reply and welcoming me 

I´l check with the client tomorrow if they have a license from where they phurcased the phone

I did an upgrade and now the phone is connected, at least now in the lync setting menu i have only one option "logout" also under diagnostics-->Lync Status it shows Lync Paramters as below

Certificate Valid From 
Wed Oct 19 18:41:32 2016 
Certificate Valid Upto
Thu Oct 20 02:41:32 2016 
Lync Environment 
lyncEnvO365Prod 
Lync O365 Status 
Enabled 
Certificate Valid Until 
28006 seconds 
Certificate Validity Duration 
28800 seconds 
Certificate Exists 
Yes 
Certificate Expired 
No 

I did also change the log levels as you described.

So far so good, i´l post more tomorrow when the client is back to work as i only have remote access to the phone

Best regards Stian

HP Recommended

HI Steffen

The license you mentioned, is not displayed anywhere the reseller asked them to register the device on polycom website wich i did.  Is this an issue and how do we proceed with that ?(Ps when registerig the device the warranty shows up as valid only to 26th of december 2016, but they just bought the device ?)

So now we tested a few things, we can make skype calls between the clients phone trough their skype for business and my skype for bussines account.

Next issue is that they like to use the trio to host conference calls, so they upgraded their skype for business account to level 2 and added a pstn subscription so they can use microsoft as dial in provider.  

following the userguide here on page 41 they like to initiate a Skype for Business conference call.  

But when trying to add a phone number it does not call up, the function they like to use is that people should be able to dial in, but how does the users get a conference ID ? they have no outlook account to schedule meetings from .. Should this be possible ?

best regards Stian

HP Recommended

Hello Stian,

I suggest you escalate this into a support ticket so my colleagues can verify if you have the licenses etc.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen

We tried the reseller(dustin.dk) support but they told us to go directly to polycom, so i guess that´s what you mean by an "Internet discounter"   

Phones Mac adresse is 00:04:F2:FC:B9:09 

I got a link from microsoft support where i can schedule meetings and get a meeting ID so i guess i´m getting closer 

here´s what microsoft support wrote me tought it might be useful for others so i share it here

In order to schedule a Skype for Business meeting, we do not necessarily need to use Outlook.

It can be scheduled using the Web scheduler which can be accessed from the following URL:
http://sched.lync.com

Once you schedule the meeting from the above URL, the meeting information that is generated 
(including the meeting URL and the dial-in conferencing information) can be shared with users
using any email client. The information for dial-in conferencing (the Dial-in phone number and conference ID) will
remain the same for all meetings.

best regards Stian

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Phone is "sort" of working now but not the way the intended to use it, so my question are

1 Can the phone join a skype for business conference as the first one without using outlook and calendar scheduled meetings, without calling the confernece phone number and then wait for others to call in ?

If yes 

2 How ?

If no 

3 Can you confirm that this can be done using outlook and the phones calendar(exchange) ?

thank you for the help so far

best regards Stian

HP Recommended

Hello Stian,

The Trio you purchased was sold via Westcon Group back on the 27/11/2015

You still need the LYNC / Skype per device LYNC license in addition.

You will have to dial the Number as you do not have a Skype URL to dial and please work with my colleagues for any follow up question.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Team,

I checked Polycom trio setting but I am unable to find the SIP debugging from the deburg level. Can you help me how can I enable the  SIP deburg for registration issues.

Jijesh

HP Recommended

Hello @JIJESH ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

Please check post 2 in reply to the original poster.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.