Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear all,

I would like to ask you for help. I read many times FAQ and many other topics. I have one problem and this is with sign in to Polycom Trio 8800 with real account of Skype for Business. When I try demo account so everithing work well.

Examples of our accounts:

demo account: xxx@yyy.onmicrosoft.com

real account: xxx@ourcompany.cz  (Office 365 Online Enterprise E1)

I tried many many things but problem is still same. I am waiting for sign in the real account which never be done. On desctop Skype for Business my real account working. In the attachement is my log from unsuccessful sign in.

Phone Model    RealPresence Trio 8800

UC Software Version     5.4.5.9658

Solved somebody the same issue with Trio ? Many thanks for reply.

Jiri Runstuk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Mr. Steffen

New firmware 5.5.2.11338 has two options how to sign in to Skype for Business.
New option is sign in via web (aka.ms/sphone). And this option work in our device. Colleague from Atlantis Telecom Spol. S.R.O helped me.

So problem is solved! Thank you

Note: Today I finded out that Trio 8800 dont know simultaneously SIP and S4B. It is very bad for me. I hope that this will be possible substitude by PBX Cloud.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Runstuk

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Jiri,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I assume your log is pretty clear:

0926000839|sip  |4|00|doDnsListLookup(tcp): doDnsSrvLookupForARecordList 'provyko.cz' found no records
0926000839|sip  |4|00|doDnsListLookup(tcp): doDnsSrvLookupForARecordList 'provyko.cz' found no records
0926000839|sip  |4|00|doDnsListLookup(tls): doDnsSrvLookupForARecordList 'provyko.cz' found no records
0926000839|sip  |4|00|doDnsListLookup(tls): doDnsSrvLookupForARecordList 'sipinternal.provyko.cz' found no records
0926000839|sip  |4|00|doDnsListLookup(tls): doDnsSrvLookupForARecordList 'sip.provyko.cz' found no records
0926000839|sip  |4|00|doDnsListLookup(tls): doDnsSrvLookupForARecordList 'sipexternal.provyko.cz' found no records
0926000839|sip  |4|00|Failed to connect to [40.101.126.136:443] : Error[Operation now in progress]
0926000839|sip  |4|00|Failed to connect to [40.101.46.40:443] : Error[Operation now in progress]
0926000839|sip  |4|00|Failed to connect to [40.101.41.168:443] : Error[Operation now in progress]
0926000839|sip  |4|00|Failed to connect to [40.101.55.152:443] : Error[Operation now in progress]
0926000839|sip  |4|00|Failed to connect to [40.101.76.152:443] : Error[Operation now in progress]
0926000839|sip  |4|00|Failed to connect to [40.101.65.200:443] : Error[Operation now in progress]
0926000839|sip  |4|00|Registration failed User: provyko.kancelar, Error Code:480 Temporarily not available

You have several DNS issues so I suggest you get this checked.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

Thank you for your answer. Why do you think tha issues are in DNS? Because my demo account is working with same setup of DNS in Polycom trio 8800.

My Network Configuration:
DNS Server 0.0.0.0
DNS Alt. Server: 0.0.0.0

I tried:
DNS Server 8.8.8.8.
DNS Alt. Server: 0.0.0.0
Result: Did not work demo account and real account

Do you still think that problem is with DNS ? Thank you.

Jiri Runstuk

HP Recommended

Hello Jiri,

I did highlight the DNS error in the logs and further down you can see the IP's the phone tries unsuccessful.

Does this unit still run 5.4.5 or 5.5.2 already.

5.4.5 and prior did not support modern authentication so that could be an issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,
For our Trio 8800 is available new firmware UC Software Version 5.5.2.11338 from today. After update I tried sign in our real account. Now is there some new. After 10 minutes is appeared message that login failed. In the attachement is new log from this test. I would be glad for any advice according to succesfull sign in. Thank you.

Jiri Runstuk

HP Recommended

Hello Jiri Runstuk,

the logs do not show any details as they only have standard logging levels.

You will need to work with your reseller to get support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

I looked up the unit and found that Atlantis Telecom Spol. S.R.O. is the Tier 1 support you need to contact and they will try and help you. If they are unable they can escalate this into Polycom.

We may need an test account to troubleshoot this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Dear Mr. Steffen

New firmware 5.5.2.11338 has two options how to sign in to Skype for Business.
New option is sign in via web (aka.ms/sphone). And this option work in our device. Colleague from Atlantis Telecom Spol. S.R.O helped me.

So problem is solved! Thank you

Note: Today I finded out that Trio 8800 dont know simultaneously SIP and S4B. It is very bad for me. I hope that this will be possible substitude by PBX Cloud.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Runstuk

HP Recommended
Hello Runstuk

The Trio supports Hybrid registration. I suggest you check the release notes or the admin guide. If you struggle involve support

Replied via a mobile device

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.